PLEASE READ this link "CATS"

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by whitetail99, Jan 5, 2007.

1. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

I heard a great story on NPR about cats. Please encourage everyone to read this and do your part to correct this as stewards of the great outdoors

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6728958
    It's possible that the number one killer of American birds is a much-beloved, domestic pet.

Experts say outdoor cats may kill hundreds of millions of wild birds each year -- but they aren't exactly sure how many.

Now, the American Bird Conservatory is asking pet owners to help count any small animals their household pets kill. When pet owners see a household pet kill a bird, squirrel, or anything else, they can go to the ABC's "Project Predator Watch" Web site and fill in the details.

Bird experts hope the information will indicate whether details like fur color or declawing a cat make a difference for birds. It's possible, however, that the survey results will also indicate good news for cat owners: the cats may also eat creatures like rats, which -- for instance -- prey on bird eggs.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

this is why i support my local Chinese restaurant!

3. CoyoteHunter

CoyoteHunter Member

Thats why you only see a cat 1 time around my place I hate them

4. olman

olman Member

I'm wondering why this post is on 2 different sites of ours, here & the hunting one. By the looks of things I'm reading we all agree on 1 thing we like cats cause they taste like chicken. Although the guys at work wonder about this 1 dude at work, he's single, lives alone except for his 2 cats. Boy did he get worked up when I told him I put the cross hairs on 1. The boy has got worms or something, he just aint right. I'm not saying I'm just saying

5. tek

tek Senior Member

Now thats funny :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

did I actually have a post deleted?????

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

haha you a bad bad boy! Chris put him in time out!

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

actually he double posted this and the one I thought got deleted is over in the bowhunting section.....

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Wouldn't this be fun??? With a .22 of course...Or that new .17 of your's, 'ey Bowman?

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the only time a caged hunt would be fun!!!!!:biggrin1:

11. olman

olman Member

here kitty kitty. BANG BANG...

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

on second thought you could use them as range maggots.....se how far you could hit one from.....yeah a .22 would be fun.....the .17 would be great and the .308 well thats just sick......

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh lord thats funny:pound:

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

This is the story that went with that pic...

April 14, 2005
    MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin residents support a plan to legalize wild cat hunting, according to voting results released Tuesday.
    At meetings across the state Monday night, residents in 72 counties were asked whether free-roaming cats should be listed as an unprotected species. If so listed, the cats — including any domestic cat that isn’t under the owner’s direct control or any cat without a collar — could be hunted.
    A total of 6,830 voted yes and 5,201 voted no, according to results released by the Department of Natural Resources.

15. olman

olman Member

bowmen your just as wacked as me. love it

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I actually may be more wacked.....but to tell that story would have to be a PM as it would not sit well w/others on here.....does have to do w/shootin cats but thats all I will say.....

17. olman

olman Member

you know I did hear about Wisconsin trying to pass that as a law but I heard that it didn't pass. God bless those lucky folks to have a season open for more target practice!!:rockon: