poundage

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by cowboy50, Feb 21, 2008.

1. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

what is a good poundage for hunting and for 3d shoots. and is there an age limit for 3d shoots. and how much does it cost to enter a shoot.

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Hunting depends on what game you are after. For deer it's really not much of an issue. 50-60# would be fine and likely give you some speed for distance errors with the newer bows. 2 local courses I shoot at are $10.00 a head. I joined 1 of them this year and it's $5.00 for members. I've seen some pretty young kids at them, probably depends on the local club. As always, your milage may vary.

3. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

well i don't think that their is a local club around the area where I live. witch is in the kerrville and san antonio area. do you know of any places that are close to me.

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Cowboy I would recomend staying around the 60lb mark for hunting and 3d shooting. No there is no age limit that I am aware of but there are different stakes for different classes and all shoots that I have been to have the youth/cub stakes. Shoots are normally $10.00 and up some clubs let the kids shoot for free. You need to talk to Hook em he's from Texas and could possibly give you some insight on shoots in your area...:peace:

5. presspal111

presspal111 Junior Member

i used to go with my hunting setup and shoot the ones in my sight range
    before i started realy spending $$$ :frusty: i think it was more fun the hunting
    way cost less to :censored:good for the heart and lots of fun anyway

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008