Prayers for one of our own....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jul 4, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I feel he wouldnt tell everyone himself, so I just want everyone to say a little something for our freind and fellow member Brokenarrow, he finaly went to the doctor and they think he has Lyme, so if everyone could just keep him in your thoughts, he hasnt been on much as he has been very tired......hope he recovers by the R100, it would really suck w/out someone there shootinga darton....:Cry:

2. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Now that he is diagnosed, his prognosis is very good. I had it last August, and another member you now is finishing up his RX now. Hope it didn't go too long. I'll remember him in my prayers still.

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Sorry to hear that. I will keep him in mind :pray: . I was wondering what was keeping him away.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah me too....its not like him....I was really getting worried.....

5. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I hope i dont sound like a dummie but I dont know much about it.

hope everything is ok.

rick

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Lyme disease is normally carried by ticks (commonly deer ticks) and is pretty bad news. You never really "get rid of it" it just stops showing symptoms randomly.

The fact that they have caught it is a good sign and with meds he'll be back on his feet soon.

7. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

It is a similar bacteria to Syphilis, though not transmitted the same way. It is very susceptable to Penicillin group medications, and Doxycycline. You do kill off all the bacteria in the body by completing the meds. If the infected has it in them a long time it can cause some permenant damage, especially to joints. Doctors are well aware of the prevelance in the enviroment, and anyone who spends time in the woods, or even lives nearby, is a red flag for a doctor tp get the test. The BullsEye rash occurs at the site of the bite, and can get big. It is a trademark for the infection. Mine was on the back of my knee, and the Bullseye wrapped around my leg before I ever noticed it. The bite site gets a purple grey welt-like painless swelling a couple inches long usually. How often do any of us look at the back of our knees or the middle of our lower backs? The tick can get into places you don't see, especially the tiny, baby ticks. That's what got me and another member. Those tiny ticks.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  8. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

As long as they know that he has it and is on meds, everything should be better. I got Lymes earlier in June, I had 2 bullseye spots... I was vomitting, major headache, back cramped up and fever. Once they got me on Augmentin (875mg, 2X day)... everything went away. I still have about 15ish more days to take them.

9. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Had it last year and had the same symptoms as Jay Are, as long as you take the meds by the book everything will be fine, Have not had a problem since.

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Sorry to here!

Hope you get well soon BA
    We sure do miss ya around here!
    Ken:grouphug:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thanks for the info Bowman. I will definately be praying for Ed. He is an awesome friend. We WB shooters gotta stick together you know. Get well soon big guy we all love ya and miss ya around here pickin on you know who.

12. sweet old bill

sweet old bill Member

will say a prayer for him and hope he recovers fast.... what archery club are you guys in and location....

13. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

I will be thinking about BA. I went through Lyme Disease 2 years ago.

14. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I just found out my 4 year granddaughter has Lyme's. she didn't have the bulls eye thing. it was more like a mosquito bite. her mother put some medicine on it and it went away. then in a few days it came back with a temperature and chills. DR. put her on antibiotic for 21 days. I'm wondering if the bulls eye might not be as plain on young kids. don't take any chances, if it keeps coming back , see a dr.

15. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

When I had Lyme, the bite at first looked like a bug bite. Then it turned into a large red lump, kind of like an infection. Finally after a week or so it turned into a classic bulls eye mark.

16. pink camo

pink camo Senior Member

Is the bulls eye at the sight of the bite? I hate ticks...stupid little nasty creatures!

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, prayers go out to him.

If they catch it early it will not have lasting effects. I always check myself for ticks after I trudge through areas that have a lot of ground cover, expecially when I'm rubbing up against leaves. You especially have to look under your arms, behind your knees and anyplace that clothing is adhered to you body, like pant waistbands and such.

The buggers don't fly, they transfer to your body through contact with the plants they are on. Don't rub against plants and it's unlikely you will have a tick get on you. I always use a deet based insect repellent as well... You can never be too careful.

Hopefully he'll get back on his feet soon...

Ron

18. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

Prayers for you BA.. Hope you're feeling better

19. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Prayers sent amigo.... God Bless!

20. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

Praying for ya BA.