Pre-season warm up...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by pilot, Aug 25, 2007.

1. pilot

pilot Senior Member

My brother called last night to let me know that he was at the hunting club around 9am yesterday to hang one more stand for us.....and he ran into a group of about 7 hogs (including at least 1 long toothed scarred up boar) about 50 yards from the stand site. Nothing like a live target to make sure your broadheads are tuned right!! I might be slipping into the woods next week for some pre-season pork chops....:hungry:

He also said he spotted 4 gators down by the river near his own stand.....I see an application for a gator permit in my future for next year. :biggrin1:

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

LUCKY DOG:Cry: :Cry:

3. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I know there bad for the land, But I sure wish I had someplace close to try hoghunting.

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Are gators hard to kill?

5. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Don't got a clue....never tried it, but i want to! :biggrin1:

Far as I can tell, it looks a lot like bowfishing. One shot through the base of the head with a barbed arrow attached to a snare line. Gator tail is good eatin too...:rockon:

6. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Yeah, they are like rats....once you get 'em ya can't get rid of them. They do make for good sport though and some fine eatin....:biggrin1:

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Sound like a great place. I love to hunt hogs as much as I love to hunt deer

Good luck

8. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

BACON!:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yeah boys that hog meat is really tastey. Long I sland Louie brought us some to tah R-100 and man was it very good . Chomp

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Pilot did you ever see the photo of the one killed in Riverdale? It was bigger then the one the kid killed in Alabama that made the news. The fine people of Riverdale say there are 3 more as big or bigger running around there and why want them gone to.

11. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Not familiar with that one.....maybe we need to help those fine folks out huh? :D

Most of the larger hogs killed near where i live only go maybe 300-400 pounds, but there are plenty of them!

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I want to hunt some hogs.....and the bigger the better, but will take anything at this point.......:rockon:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

The title of this thread is killin me its been 97 degrees around here.:frusty:

I am thinking of going scouting next weekend and takin my bow to hunt some tree rats with.:cool:

14. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I like to shoot small critters with the bow, but theirs alot of rabbies stuff going on around here now, dont want to mess with that stuff on my arrows after a hit, would like to take the 223 out and do some cleanup work but dont want to be shooting in my hunting area.... Theirs way more racoons and p pines around this year then ever.

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hmmm................rabies and porcupines???????? He is not from Indiana Wheels.:laugh:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what gave it away???

:noidea:

17. pilot

pilot Senior Member

No problem finding a hog down here but there's no guarantee to the size....the little ones eat good too.

It's been close to 100 degrees here for the last couple of weeks too....but the real problem is the humidity, 85-95% at any given time.

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Freezer filler ! Freezer filler !
    Mine is getting low... :frusty:

Ron

19. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

My boy and I were at the camp site and we missed out on these chops:doh:
    May I hope that we get a chance to taste these next R100:biggrin1:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you didnt have any???

oh thats right the pork didnt come out until around 10 or so....did you get some of the marinated venison or no???