Primos blood hunter!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by beenfarr, Nov 9, 2007.

1. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Holy cow, Used one of these blood hunter lights from Primos-

https://shop.primos.com/pc-1027-85-bloodhunter-blood-trailing-spotlight.aspx

This thing really works!!! I have heard poor reviews about the Gerber tracking light, but thing amazed me. Blood turned bright hot pink. It has a green and a red High wattage led, and some how it shines yellow? :noidea: The only down fall was the shadows were the color of blood due to the red led, so you had to train your brain to look for pink, and not red. I was truly impressed. I think the Primos site has them about $15 over priced from everywhere else. My eyesight is starting to go, and this thing really helped pick out blood. I'm not affiliated with the light in any way, just seen a buddy use his, and now I want one! :laugh:

Ben

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah the shop has one, and I was gonna snag it, to look for Larry's deer last night, but the battarie wasnt charged.....

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I was thinkin about trying one of these but I have read some bad reviews on these too. Now I don't know what to do. We used to do alot of tracking with a coleman lantern....

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Larry and I used a head lamp and a mini mag light.......and a few extra batteries.....worked great......:noidea:

5. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Hmmm....that's interesting 'cause my brother bought that Primos one and we were less than impressed with it. :noidea:

Glad you are plesed though.....:thumb:

6. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Wow, I was really impressed. That said, this was a blood trail Ray Charles could have followed, we were just checking the light out. But keep the opinions coming, maybe I am easily impressed??? :noidea:

Ben

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

maybe it was the color thing....(pink):noidea:

8. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Stop it..silly! :lol:

Ben

9. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Maybe our expectations were too high, we were trying it out on a poorly placed shot on a hog....very slim blood trail. :doh:

10. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I would like to see more reviews of this item.

11. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Havnt tried the Primos, but I have tried the Gerber one, I liked it. The flood light on it is very bright as well. It does take awhile to get used to the way it works though.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we have the one at the shop allcharged up so now if sombody would get a deer.......:frusty:

13. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

yeah thats a super bright light
    a friend got me one fer christmas last yr