problems

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by cowboy50, Feb 24, 2008.

1. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

Hey there guys, I think their is a problem with the way my bow is shooting, I was out shooting this morning and It's going good. then I hear a pop and see that my peep sight had poped out of my string, this is now the third time I have a problem with my peep sight. what do yall think about it.

2. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

serve it a little better,what kind of peep you using!how do you serve it in...

3. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

sorry I have no Idea wahat you mean by serve it and the peep came with the bow

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, exactly ! :peace:
    Was it not served in ? :noidea:

Ron

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yep...sounds like it wasn't served right...:noidea:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ummm SERVE it in............:biggrin1:

9. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Could the problem be with the bow that you are shooting? :laugh: :laugh:
    :noidea:

10. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

keep on topic!

come on now lets keep these posts constructive i know its hard for some people to do but give it a try ok....:wave:

11. ace7038

ace7038 New Member

I had a similar thing happen with a used bow I bought on ebay. POP... and the next shot the peep comes back out of alignment. Set it right and it started moving around to a different spot every shot. Got tired of messing with it and bought a new set of strings. Strange thing is the problem never came back(yet). The bow is a Hoyt Vipertec.

12. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

ok I think its the bow string, I am going to go into the local archery shop somtime this week and hopefuly get a new string

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

It's not the string. You have to make sure the peep is tied in real well like these guys have been telling you.

14. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

yeah but the part of the string where the peep was is all split and tor up so I think it would be better just to get a new string.

15. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Oh, OK. get the guy to tie in your peep good after he replaces your string.....:biggrin1:

16. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Yep; quit shooting that one until you get it replaced.

17. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

That tying part is really easy
    git a dull pointed old screwdriver small one I wook one and grond it off to tha round part and put a rounded point on it

to seperate tha string
    try ta git tha same amount of threads of tha string on each side of the peep

18. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

You better find out what is causing the string to fray before shelling out money for a new one. The string may be part of the problem, but only in that it may not have enough twists in it to help hold the peep in. And as mentiuoned the peep should be served in above and below it.

If you are using a tube style peep then the tube may be too short, which pulls unnecessarily on the peep. The tube should only be short enough to turn the peep onto proper alignment. Any more just puts undo pressure on the string and the tube. This should happen in just the last few inches of the draw cycle.

Something else you should know. If you just get some cheap string off the shelf you're probably going to end up having to remove the tube periodically and reposition is as the peep will keep turning as the string creeps. Especially during the first few hundred shots. Then it may settle down and maybe it won't. Depends on the quality of the string.

Buy a good string (not Zebra) and it should settle down in about 50 shots, maybe less, and you might never need the tube anyway. That's one of the advantages of good strings. There are other good reasons, too.

19. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Hey cowboy I think part of your problem is your signature.....:doh: Hopefully if the shop you go to is worth a darn, they will get you a new string and tie in that peep, then you should be set.

20. I am not sure, but I think this guy is going to fit in pretty good here. In his sig I noticed that he uses a limesaver stab and silencers, I am guessing he meant limbsaver unless he is using some lime flavored Life Saver candies on his bow:noidea: :peace: