pse carrera compatition bow " info needed"!

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by yotie, May 6, 2008.

1. yotie

yotie New Member

i have come across a pse carrera set up for 3-d with all the bells and whistles. i have not had the chance to use a pse of any kind. i have searched for info and found nothing positive or negative. so i'm turning to the people's opinion's i trust the most any input would help in my spending $500.00 on a used bow.. and by the way this bow is flawless in all aspects of the word... thanks in advance for all of your help. 3dshoots.com ROCKS:rockon:

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What accessories does it have on it?:noidea:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

you can do alot better for $500. low brace height, lots of hand shock. it would need some very nice accessories on it to be worth that.

4. yotie

yotie New Member

pse bow

i have found that this is true about the hand shock among a few other things.
    not a very forgiving bow with this brace hight, thanks to the seller he was very honest with me once i called him. thanks guys.. still in the market for a 3d setup. still open for any help
    :frusty:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Hey Yotie...
    The Carrera was a super fast bow in it's day(8-10 yrs ago) and a great shooter but with the technology that has emerged in the past 5-6 years it really isn't a deal @ 5 bills...
    I think you can get a newer bow at around the same price...now if you can get that PSE for under $300 go for it...:rockon: :D

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I had a Carrera with a 50% let-off cam. It was really fast at the time. I think mine was a 2000 model and I think I paid about $400 for it brand new.

If I were you I would definitely look for later model bows. You can get a '05 to '07 for that price. And the modern bows shoot a LOT better.

Take a look around for a used Mathews Switchback or Legacy or something like that. Those bows shoot great and you can get them for a fair price, fully loaded. I would not spedn $500 on a Carrera unless it was equipped with top of the line, current, accessories. Even then that price might be a stretch.

Ron

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Hi. Yotie

If you really want a PSE try to find an 07 MoJo 3D
    Ive got one you will love it.and under $500
    Like a few others said theres alot to choose from in this price range
    hope this helps:biggrin1:

8. pse1258

pse1258 New Member

hi just to let you no you can not go wrong with a pse. i own a pse carrera it is one of my favorite bows so if it helps you out any i would shoot it and if it is smooth and quiet and it is shooting very true then buy it if you like it hope this helps you out

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Look for a 2005-2006 PSE Shark with NRG Hybrid cams . Great 3d bow.... decent speed w/ 8" brace height. You can probably get one and set up for around $500.00. I got mine from a buddy who had it sitting on his shelf at the pro shop new for $ 250.00. One of the best investments I ever made. its an outright shooter. Still shoot it to this day for some competitions. Mr. Morgan nade me some strings for it a few years ago and still going strong. Heres a pic.... of it !

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

pics. I had mine painted but most are in camo.

11. Bows&Arrows

Bows&Arrows New Member

I'm going to buy one from someone I know very well; I shoot on his property; for $198 with everything. I mean you could walk out into the woods and take down a stag with it.

12. WCH

WCH New Member

You may want to try and find a Shark too. Pse put them out for the past few years and just this year discontinued them. It had good speed, axel to axel, and a good brace height. You probably can find one if you look around For around 500. Also as someone else said you may want to check out the Mojos they were some nice bows. Hope this helps.