PSE X-Force and fall away rest?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by spdbmp66, Aug 19, 2008.

1. spdbmp66

spdbmp66 Master Baiter

Hey guys,
    Any body else out there shooting and X Force with a drop/fall away rest? I have been and then Bill Epeards told me my bow was too fast for that type of rest. He suggested putting lip sttick on the fletchings and looking at the rest after the shot. I did and sure enough, lip stick! I'm shooting a Rip Cord rest. Is there a faster drop away rest or do I need to switch types.

Any one else notice this? How did you resolve it?

2. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Limb Driver! I have several guys shooting Limb Drivers on the X Force with good results. :cool:

Dan

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think the Wammy might work just fine!!!

4. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

You can try the Whammy, but I just took mine of of my 82nd Airborne due to the rest being too slow to drop away. I was leaving the same lipstick marks on my vanes. I also had the problem of the draw cruve being too much. When I would pull back and bow fall into the valley. The arrow would jump out of rest. I just have a problem with a loaded bow and my tounge out there trying to put the arrow back in the rest.

I tried the QAD ultra and would not work due to the roller cable guard. I am having good luck with the Octane Hostage pro.

5. rpford53

rpford53 Member

I have the Top Gun Phantom on both my X-Force and it works great with no issues. This rest is also very versatile and can be lock so it is more of a target rest also.

6. hodge

hodge Junior Member

Had a trophy taker on my x force same problem went to the G5 problem solved plus very quiet.

7. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

The bottom line is do not get discouraged. There are plenty of folks using drop away rests on these bows, that "too fast for a drop away" thing is a myth. Might want to take a look at PSE's forums they are very helpful there with equipment before you make any purchases.