PSE X-Force Users...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by swintj1, Nov 13, 2007.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

I am just wondering how you are liking the X-Force. Have any of you shot the Dream Season one with the extra 1" brace height? I already have the Vectrix and am a HOYT guy to the core, but my brother is getting into archery, and I was thinking I might suggest an X-Force.

What is the draw cycle like? Is it pretty rough, super smooth? Does it have a big transition from the draw weight to the relief, or can you hardly feel the transition?

My brother is technically stronger than I am, but does not have the mechanics right now. When he shoots mine, he can barely get it back, sometimes not being able to...will the Hybrid cams be too tough for him? He will get better, but if he gets it, he will get the 70# draw wieight, and then set it for 60#...will that 60# feel like my Hoyt's 70#?

Do you enjoy using the X-Force? He will be using it for target shooting 90% of the time and hunting 10%. He will only be using it for Whitetail hunting though.

Just give me an inside look at PSE. I don't like the way the X-Force looks, but it seems every one on this forum likes PSE or at least respects them. Where do they rank for quality? Hoyt, Matthews, and PSE are the top 3?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! -Joe

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

He had better shoot one before buying. I shot one set on 63# and it felt pretty heavy to me. Tough all the way through the draw cycle. If he does get one I would suggest he buys a 60#max.:peace:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

100% agree......

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I shoot a #70 with no problems!! actually have an 80# on order. very smooth I think. the valley will take some time to get used to. I dont think there any tougher to draw than the bianry cams!!

5. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

There are few tricks left to speed.
    More speed = more energy = stiffer draw cycle.

If he has a shorter draw the X force at a lower poundage is great.
    An Xforce at my 26" draw would give me about the same speed at 60# maxed as I am getting at 66-68# with a more traditional bow. Same speed @ less weight = hold longer and ease of use.

I can not wait to call my bow 'old' and convince my wife I need a new one.
    Speeds ramp up this year across almost all the brands.