Question about broadheads and vanes

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by shaft, Mar 17, 2006.

1. shaft

shaft Member

If you shoot three blade broadheads -should you also shoot three vanes or can you go to four? Would it make a difference?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have seen people have good success w/both combos, but my favorite is the muzzy 4 blade w/three fletch.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Shoot 4 vanes if you like. Watch out for fletching clearance. Personally, I see no point it shooting 4 fletch anymore. I hunted with blazers the last two years and they fly great.

4. shaft

shaft Member

I just bought the Blazers and am going to make up some arrows. Was wondering if going to 4 vanes would be a plus and you just answered my question. Thanks.

5. Ransombow

Ransombow Junior Member

Shoot whatever combination works for you. Just beware as already mentioned for arrow clearance with the rest and riser.

6. HoytShooter88

HoytShooter88 Member

I have been using Thunderhead 100's for about 8 years now with 3 four inch vanes. I switched to the Blazer vanes last fall, I was amazed at the accuracy with such small vanes. My set up was Easton A/C/A 3-49's with 100 grain Thunderheads. At 50 yards my blades stayed right with my fieldpoint, but also my bow was pretty well tuned.