question about sights..

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by vanrose, Nov 14, 2006.

1. vanrose

vanrose Junior Member

I've been thinking about getting a new sight for my bow--apparently I am using a recurve sight on my compound bow. What is a good sight to use?

I also noticed that some sights come in different sizes, like different size frames and extension bars. What is a good size to get, or rather, does it matter?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what bow do you shoot....and what are you planning on doing w/it? (what type of shooting?.....)

3. heathshayne

heathshayne Junior Member

I agree with Bowman...it depends on what you want to do with it.
    I shoot a Copper John for hunting, 3D and indoor.....they make a great sight and thier customer service is the best there is.:thumb:

4. Frank

Frank Member

I also shoot the copper johns Deadnuts 5 pin. If I were going to upgrade my sight it would be with the spot hogg:decision: . Saw the adjustments real close at the pro shop today and I really like.

5. phone guy

phone guy Member

If you want a sight you will never upgrade get a spot hogg hogg it or hunter hogg it. everything is micro adjust. This will be your last sight you ever have to buy. Unless you have more than one bow in that case you will probably want one on each bow you have. Pin guard depends on how fast your bow shoots. The larger is so you have enough room for pin gap. Unless you use a large peep. I use a large peep and I have my pin guard match the diameter of my peep.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, the Hogg It is very versatile and very adjustable for anything from hunting to indorr target. Another sight that's in line with that is the Trophy Ridge Rhino.

Ron

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

A birdie told me that the Trophy ridge rests are getting redone for this year...does anyone know if the sights are as well???

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Many different sights out there that a very good. I have found that most of the time you get what you pay for. If you spend a little more you will get a better sight. I like my Montana Black Gold Flashpoint. But Toxonics,Trophy Ridge,Spott Hogg,Extreme,Sure-Loc all make fantastic sights as well. :peace:

9. yes,the spot hogg hog it is the best all around sight good for hunting and 3d or spots, and if you want to use a powered lens all you need to do is scew one on. that is what i use and i have used alot the hogg it is the best i have had so far.but you need to shop around and get waht you like. the hogg it is around $200.00 new

5 individually micro-adjustable fiber optic pins
    A round pin guard for more precise aiming
    Precision installed level and aiming wire you can trust
    Top of the line, no clamping gang adjustment
    2nd & 3rd axis leveling
    Lens and shade cover available
    Dovetail mounting system
    Weight: 9.6 oz.
    7 pin model now available