Question to the experts

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Instinctive_Shooter, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Instinctive_Shooter

Instinctive_Shooter Junior Member

As most of you know I shoot instinctvely with a compound bow. A friend of mine from another forum mentioned an instinctive shooter is supost to anchor in the corner of his mouth not under his eye as I do. Ive been thinking of changeing my style to a mouth anchor. My question to you experts is do you think this is a smart move to do 4 weeks before season?

2. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I am not an expert but my answer would be NO!!!! Why mess with what works this close to hunting season. If I were you and looking for a change I would do it after the freezer is full, but thats just my 2 cents

3. piethon

piethon Member

The answer is no!!! If you are anchoring at the same exact point every time then you will be consistent. Don't change at all if you don't want to. If you think it is a big deal wait until after the season.

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I agree if your consistant, don't change. Stick with what works for you.

5. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I agree. For hunting this year stay with what you know works for you. Assuming you may have to hunt for two months that gives you ten months after season to try something new for next year.

I change things a lot on my bows, trying this and that. I can set up, tune and sight a bow usually in a couple hours. One thing I don't mess with a whole lot is my form. That's what the rest of the year is for. Rarely do I ever take my bow out of my vehicle as I shoot almost daily.

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

That makes it unanananananamous. Good luck this season

7. Allen

Allen Senior Member

If it ain't broke .......

The key is consistency. You don't have to do it with classic style, you just have to do it the same every time.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I agree with everyone else here you do not want to start changing things now right before season. I know a few guys who shoot instinctively and anchor under the eye and they are very good archers. So if you decide to change definately wait until after season but if you are comfortable and shooting well then just tell your friend to shoot his way and you will shoot yours. Sometimes people just want to change others. Good luck