Question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by eikenberryt, Oct 28, 2010.

1. eikenberryt

eikenberryt New Member

I just got a new bow and it came with a single pin sight. I will really only use my bow for deer hunting. I was wondering what yardage i should set this pin at? I know this seems like a silly question. :frusty: thanks in advance for the help.

2. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Pin

I set mine on 25yrds.

Any deer closer than 20yrds. I put the pin on bottom of chest.

20 to 30 yrds. Dead on.

30 to 40 yrds I place the pin a little high at 35yrds and on top of back at 40yrds.

Surprisingly accurate.

Yotes were at 12yrds and 36yrds. Small targets.

3. eikenberryt

eikenberryt New Member

thanks for the help I was thinking 20 but now that you explained it i like 25 right not i have set at 30 and it was okay until i started shooting in closer and realized how low i had to aim. So after I get out of class I am going to set that pin at 25. thanks again

4. Ancient Archer

Ancient Archer New Member

I also set mine at 25 yds, but my bow is slow compared to many, only 235 fps. So, at 20 yds I hold ~ 6" low, dead on at 25 yds, ~6" high at 30 yds, but at 40 yds I don't shoot unless I reset the sight to 40 yds, otherwise I would have to hold ~15"-18" high and that is too much guesswork. At 40 yds I feel there should be enough time to reset the sight & hold dead on. If you have a fast bow, your vertical variation would be closer.

5. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I'd think 25 is fine. I also could live with 20.