quick question about IBO/FPS

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Werd, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

quick question. my bow says 300-310 IBO. is that the FPS? and my real question is if that is the FPS then why when i got my bow cronowed it was 258 at 65 lbs. its a 70 lb bow.....??:noidea:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's the IBO rating...Yes it's fps
    That is with the optimun setup...in your case 70#, 30" with a 350 gr arrow and most likely a bare string...
    Every grain you add and # you subtract lowers your fps.

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

ok well. tell me if you think this is right. im going to get umm leaches instead of the wiskers..is this smart? and im gonna get the lightest arrows i can fire out my bow. for the season of 08. and im going to get a lighter and small peep and ummm dropback rest i think it is.? or ummm i dont know what its called. i forget. is that a smarter set up for more fps?

4. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

The cat whiskers are the best imo.Whats your DL.

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

28.5... i think this is why im so low on fps im growing fast tho. soooooo ill be at 30 inch in 2 years

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how old are you??

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yeah lhem leeches are very labor intensfied fer that wear out quickly
    them whiskers do a great job and last a looooong time
    Have ya considerd a STS>:cool:

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

15 .

9. IChim2

You may not make it to a 30" dl.

10. Werd

Werd Senior Member

hmmm maybe. my doc said i should grow 4 more inches this year. im 5 10 now. i still got 2 more to grow if his theory is right. and thats just this year. he still said im not done growing. he also said that he expects me to grow over 6 2. so i may be able. if not im going to just get a bowtech. one of them thingys with 37432984372 FPS :peace: :laugh:

11. IChim2

Drink a lot of milk.:laugh:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I think...
    Forget about the leeches and whiskers and get a STS or MeanV...that will take the weight off the string and quiet it down a bit. Keep your arrows around 6 grains per pound. A dropaway is a good choice, also you can take the brass nock off the string and just use a loop and tied nock...
    What peep are you using? if it has a tube get rid of it you can go with a G5 metapeep they are pretty light...
    and finally 28.5 DL is gonna hurt the IBO too but speed ain't everything...