Quick spins w/ Hostage rest

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MarMac06, Apr 26, 2008.

1. MarMac06

MarMac06 New Member

Avid hunter here in Colorado w/ a question. I have been told the quick spins are the way to go. I have a Hostage rest on a switchback XT set at 62#. I am considering switching to the quick spin but have been advised that the quick spins cause immediate rotation and the fletches may hit the brushes damaging the fletches and causing missed shots. Any one have insight on this? Thanks!

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am not very insightful, BUT

WELCOME to this forum!!!

I am sure someone will be along later that can help you.:D

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum. Great having you with us.

I would think QS would be a bad choice with the hostage just like they are with the WB. Yes I believe the QS's begin spinning as soon as they are released. This is just my opinion though so please wait for others to comment and see what they think also.
    :peace:

4. BuddaBelly

BuddaBelly New Member

I had a Hostage on my Parker XP and trashed the 4" vanes I was shooting. I shoot almost EVERYDAY. I re-fletched w/2' Blazers and went to a drop away rest. End of problem. Actually threw the old rest away, it was slap wore out after two months!
    I should think the quick spins would last about one shot each. IMHO all Hostage rests should come with a FREE fletching tool!

5. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

My father in law has a wb on one of his bows and he used qwik spins on it. I shot it a few times and it never had problem. He uses a drop away on his new bow but always used the qwick spins with the other bow and wb rest. :noidea:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

By the way MarMac06 I forgot to say.........Good choice in bows.:peace: Gotta love the Switchback XT I sure do mine.:biggrin1:

7. ohbowhntr

ohbowhntr New Member

Actually, the Quickspins should be just fine, unless your using a different hostage rest than I'm thinking of. Is this the same rest you're talking about: http://www.bowtechproshop.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1174519701&PNAME=The+Hostage If so, you should be just fine. I know several people have had issues with Quickspins and "Biscuits," which I can understand, but I don't see where there should be any clearance issues from where I'm looking. That arrow ain't gonna start spining until long after it's cleared that rest.