Quiet This SQ2 down

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BrowningMud, Oct 26, 2006.

1. BrowningMud

BrowningMud Junior Member

i bought this bow off a guy who didnt really hunt anymore...this year i got it shot it a while..quietest bow ive ever shot...well that all change. i went to get it restrung and when i got it back it had these damn leeches on it. talk about noise! i had the good ole cat whiskers on it and and wanted them back and they didnt have any..so i got them again and quiet once more but not the same..does anyone have the sts on there sq2? and how does it shoot?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its not how it shoots....its how you dont hear it shoot......I had an SQ2 and had the same problem w/string leeches.......

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

If you have increased noise from just changing the string I'll bet the cam is over rotated, or otherwise out of time. Check the timing marks in relation to the string. I'll bet this is the problem.

Of course if this is off then the drawlength is too.

4. BrowningMud

BrowningMud Junior Member

yeah my draw length is way to longer than it was and my sight is now off...ill get it up to the shop today thanks yall

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how many shops put strings on bows and dont twist the thing.....seen this happen a few times........also how is your draw weight.....is it a little lite