Quiet?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bowler87, Aug 6, 2007.

1. bowler87

bowler87 Junior Member

I have a 6 year old hoyt bow with a draw weight of 70 pounds and I was wandering if there is anything I can do to reduce the amount of noise and vibration that is produced in the shot? I have the normal reducers, string leaches and limb savers, but I need something else. It is still quite loud and i had two deer jump my shot last year at less than 30 yards, Please help

thanks
    Blake

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

1st off let me welcome you to tha site It is a great place ta hang with tha gang.(How do ya like that Bman)
    I would can tha leeches. get a STS and install it. I personally would put on some Spider legs most on here will say tha STS is enough and maybe so.
    Have you got you bow tuned correctly , good arrow flight, is tha limb bolts close ta being tight, all tha way is not necessary.
    Have ya checked ta see if a limb is cracked, have ya had tha axles checked ta see if they are worn and tha bushings good if that bow has axle bushings,
    What type of rest do ya shoot?
    Also the site can make a noise do you shoot a Bow Master(adjustable) type site.. I use limb saver buttons on my sites.
    Have ya got a good cable slide and a stabilizer that has deading capacities.

Are shooting with tha quiver on tha bow?

Hope this gets ya started. Keep us posted on your progress. Smokes:wave:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That covers most of it...

Oh yeah...Welcome to the forum too...

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:wave: :wave:

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

:welcome: to the forum!
    And Smokes has got ya covered!:wave:

6. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

A arrow with a bit more weight will help also. What kind of bow is it? Hoyt enticer by chance? Deer are fast, was it looking at you when you shot, was it nurvious and looking around alot, deer will jump your shot at 10 yards if their antsy. no matter how quiet of fast your bow is, and dont forget your arrow makes alot off noise in flight also.

7. bowler87

bowler87 Junior Member

Holy smokes, what is the STS, LOL? Not real sure of what you are talking about fairly new to bow hunting! And I dont shoot with quiver I did for a while but it adds to much weight and and it vibrates really bad. Also I shoot a Shaffers fall away rest. Thanks for the help

Blake

8. bowler87

bowler87 Junior Member

Bullspotter

What arrow do you suggest, I have heard that the easton full metal jackets are good arrows for what you are talking about but not sure, Thanks

BLake

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

http://www.stsarchery.com/ heres a site
    also a fellar here does one to.
    Don't know about tha rest but I am sure someone will -sounds likw a good one.
    Good arrows.

sounds like it's with tha bow and need ta do something with tha string to keep tha noise down.