rage broadheads what do u think?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowcraze30, Sep 4, 2007.

1. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

has anyone used rage broadheads and had trouble with them or sucess if so share them with me.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We had lots of guys shooting them last year with great success. I'll be shooting them this year.

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I'm going to give them a try next year. Since they are identical to gators. and they quit making them.

4. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

do you guys recomend the 2 or 3 blade

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I personally like the 2 blade. If it flys like my gators and cuts like it. It will be the best I've used. They look alot in comparison to the rockys 2 and 3 blades: the Gator Xp and the Sniper... HMMM . A little to close:laugh:

6. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

i was going to choose the 2 blade glad someone is backing up my decision

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

From what I have heard from friends at work they are pretty nice. I use Muzzy's and until they stop making them I'm stickin with em.:peace:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup, just what he said......

9. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

There's only one broadhead that has gone in my Quiver since 03:cool:

I really don't see any advantage to taking a chance on a mechanical working properly. I am sure they never malfunction though:biggrin1:

Dan

10. olehemlock

olehemlock Senior Member

Just one...hopefully you get to use it this year:lol: :peace:

11. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I've been practicing w/ the Rages all summer, I can't wait to draw down on a deer this fall.

12. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yeah right and especially on Mr Big
    I know a dude that hit a 10 point and tha arrow just dangeld out on tha deer's side no pentatraion:Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

13. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Rage Broadheads shoot great, my brother and I use the Tekan II's and Rage. Both of them fly great and leave huge entry and exit holes.

1.3125" on the Tekan II's
    1.5" on the rage(3 blade)
    2" on the 2 blade.

We both prefer the 3 blade. I will be taking some muzzys with me this year. They are cheap and they fly good so I will see how they kill!

14. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have been very happy with the rages. I shot five deer with them last year. The farthest one traveled about 100 yards and the shot was a little far back. The rest of them were down in under 50 yards. Great holes, great blood trails (not that you need them since you can watch them go down) and I found them to be real durable. I still have all the heads I used last year, I just put new blades on them. I shot the three blade.

15. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Use em LOVE EM!!!:rockon:

16. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I am a fixed blade guy. But if I had to choose between the two blade and the three blade I think I would go with the two blade. Just because there is less to malfunction. Some of the photos I have seen of testing on the three blade were not good. Just my opinion though.