range finder= Leupold

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rbdjr, Aug 9, 2007.

1. rbdjr

rbdjr Junior Member

does any have a leupold rxII 6 x23mm model r200898p been having problems it wont pick up targets but will pick up trees in the same area? also sometimes it seems to be off concistantly 3 yards?? any input i have friends with much less excpencive finders that seem to work much better?

2. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Don't have the rangefinder --- but their binos are awesome!!!! I think they have some of the best optics out there.

3. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I bought one used from AT, and it works great for me. Maybe it's in a funky mode, that thing has so many of them.

Ben

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum...
    I have a nikon440 myself...and sometimes if the target is in a dark area it has trouble ranging...
    Ben has a point...make sure it's in the right mode...

5. tresmon

tresmon Member

I just got one, had a few troubles too. Call the leupold number and get a over the phone familiarity course from a leupold rep. I did, and no troubles since. He admitted the instructions would'nt even make good toilet paper.

Tres

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sweet I know a few products, with instructions like that......:laugh: :laugh:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I just got this back from my uncle who was having the issue with his target not reading randomly (it would work at 75 yards and then not again till 125+)

"Thanks

I did call Leupold and the rep. told me how to set up the menu. I needed to take off all of the choices except TBS, either choose A, B, or C but choose one. Choose yards or any other convenient measuring system, and choose LOS (line of sight). I did that and it worked fine, even at my 100 yard target.

Maybe you can pass this on to the forum."