Range Jerks Whats the deal?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by yetibowtech, Jan 31, 2008.

1. yetibowtech

yetibowtech Staff Shooter Uncle Bob's

I am a good shooter and i love to shoot my bow I started to shoot a target bow and so I have been shooting indoor at alot of diffrent shops in Montana, Idaho, and Washington. In Great Falls, Mt I was shooting and had to listen to this guy wearing a hoyt shirt talk about how great he was and how Hoyt pays him to shoot for them and bla, bla bla,. normally I keep to myself but this guy works a abig store called Scheels and the sell Hoyt. His Shooting told a diffrent story as did his attitude. After 45 min of this crap and being pissed because he talked so much the other 10 guys shooting had to wait every round while he shoot and made a huge production out of it. I simply asked one question of this "Hoyt Factory Shooter" "ah hey man if Hoyt pays you to shoot for them why are you using a PSE???????
    After everyone picked them selfs off the floor they also became curious about his shooting equipment. He soon left.
    I just don't know why there always seem to be a guy like this. When I started asking questions about Target shooting I was laughed at and made fun of because I didn't know why a stabilizer need to be longer, or what a back tention release was, but they did know that either, someone told them and helped them and it makes me sick to think that they get off on running others down who are looking to get into the sport.

So my goal is to let all those Range Jerk know they are not wanted. So when I encounter them I ask them were they learned to shoot and nicely remind them that they needed help when they started out.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

WELCOME to you and you will have those kind everywhere, usaully they dont shoot very well, but can TALK A BIG TALK:lol:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

That's funny :lol:

Welcome to the sport :wave:

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

:welcome: ...... theres always going to be "that guy" anywere you go...the only thing they care about is there own ego.

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

:welcome: I think all ranges have at least 1. I just let them go, I shoot for fun I am not letting some loud mouth jerk bother me.
    Besides if your not shooting Bowtec, your not shooting a real bow.:tape: :lol: :lol: J/K

6. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

:welcome:

Yeah, but most of them post or are mods over on AT.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :tape:

7. Radar

Radar Story of my life

HE** ya, never let anyone run you down!!!!!:usa:

8. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

:lol: :lol: Happened to me once, guy pissed me off so much I stepped over and shot at one of his arrows......should have seen the look on his face when I robin hooded it. :lol: :lol: Shocked the crap out of me, but I didn't let him know. I was just looking to slap em a bit. After he picked his jaw up off the floor, he didn't really have much more to say.

9. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:rockon: Way to shut him up.:rockon:

10. hitman846

hitman846 Non Camper

Agreed! It's hard to block out those types of loud mouths but I'll bet the top shooters around don't hear a word anyone says when there at the line!

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

welcome and you got that right.

12. huntin4bb

huntin4bb New Member

thats a great story. I wish it was on video so we all could roll around and laugh.

13. sqwert

sqwert New Member

Small world

You probably figured you could post this crap and no one here would know who you are talking about, nobody else here would be from Great Falls , right.....Wrong! I met that kid and he is a nice kid. you are just jealous that he could shoot a Genesis and beat you all day every day.

I am sure you are young like he is and have a lot to learn, but remember, the WWW is not as big as you think, :nono:

14. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

Their everywhere unfortunately. There is one guy in our club that I just cannot stand. He has to tell everyone how to shoot even though I am sure we all outshoot him.

I was down at the range one day right before deer season shooting 2" groups at 20 yds. He is sitting there and telling me your not holding your bow right. So I listened to what he had to say and tried it. Then I couldnt shoot for crap and was hitting my arm every time.

I said I was shooting just fine before and I am not going to change anything a week before deer season. Thanks anyway.

Then a couple months ago he tried to tell me how to do it again. I told him I have tried it different ways and this way works for me and that is how I am going to shoot.

He always has to brag about all the expensive hunts he goes on,etc.. I wouldnt mind listening to anyone else talk about it but this guy just irritates the crap out of me.

Rick

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  15. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

:loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

16. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

the pride of life has been tha ruin of many a good boy
    I am glad that I am just as important ta Jesus as tha next fellar.
    And a hearty weclome here
    hang around and enjoy one of tha coolest site for this sport:cool: Sm:smokin:kes

17. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Always seems to be someone giving out free archery coaching, whether you want them too or not.

18. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I thought He's was shooting a PSE???????//:noidea:

If your wearing a hoyt shirt talking about being a factor shooter, you probably should at least be shooting there bow.

19. sqwert

sqwert New Member

He shoots at a pro shop that sells PSE and Hoyt, I am sure he shoots everthing he can get his hands on , like everyone else that is a shop rat and shoots every day. He had 6 hoyts on the rack when I shot with him.

You are also making the assumption, that there is a thread of truth to the statements made about him, without hearing the other side of the story. :doh:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

just saying..............