Ranger Bowstrings Two Thumbs Up!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by hoyt_hunter007, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

I got my set of Ranger Bowstrings in the mail last week (black, brown, white) and spent last saturday afternoon setting it up. Folks, these strings are the real deal, and sold by a great guy. I didnt have any noticable string twist at all. Now I'm just dying for October to get here!

Two pics of the bow, third pic is a field point and muzzy mx-3 two arrow group. (dont remember which arrow is which, but i dont think it matters):biggrin1:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hit the target so hard it flipped upside down:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. hoyt_hunter007

:peace: :peace: :peace:

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

They look good on the bow!!! I guess I'll have to start advertising them as producing enough KE to flip a deer upside down...:biggrin1:

5. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

what can a string add performance wise this may be a stupid :censored: question but the world is built on dumb questions. I have the stock string on my Mathews and its not wore out or anything I am just curious as to the difference so when it is wore out I have the facts.

6. hoyt_hunter007

Maybe a little speed but thats about it...some factory strings are notorious for stretching and twisting for a while when new...I just got these because my old strings were worn out, and they turned out to be probably the nicest strings i've owned.

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

When old strings stretch, they allow your bow to go out of tune. Stretch usually results in a longer axle to axle on single cams which drops poundage and therfore speed. On duals, it can change cam rotations and sometimes cam timing. Both are critical for getting optimum performance.

So...what do new strings do? Hopefully, if they are built to the right specs, they bring your bow back into spec and back to its optimum performance range.

Will one of my strings make your bow perform better than another companies string if they are built to the exact lengths and string counts? No. Unless serving sizes, strand counts, or speed nocks are used on one and not the other, performance shouldn't vary.

It is funny to me when people say "so and so's" strings gained me 5fps over this other string. The only way that is possible is if they used a lower strand count, added speed nocks, or the new string changed the bows specs to make it faster. Here is a tid bit......smaller diameter end serving in the cam tracks can actually increase the let-off of a bow to a small degree. How tight the center serving is in the nock can affect things also. There are a lot of factors to look at.

I just try to build a solid string that is the length needed to make the bow work like it is supposed to. I'm not gonna claim that they will make your bow faster, make you shoot better, or anything else. They will be built to spec, they will be prestretched, and they will look nice. That is what I guarentee. If you win Vegas with them......then that is just a bonus that probably had more to do with you than my strings..... :thumb:

8. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Too bad, I was looking forward to a catchy slogan about knocking deer upside down. :whistle:

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That would be great until the strings didn't knock everyone's deer upside down then the bashin threads would start......:doh:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we can start one now if you like, however untrue they are, at least we wouldnt be letting you down...:noidea:

just saying

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I might as well argue in another thread today......go ahead.....:biggrin1:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I GOT NUFFIN:noidea:

13. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

when i need a set of strings i will be sure to look you up JCMorgan