recall notice!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Pinwheel1969, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I just found out that the Fred Bear F300 Crossbow has been recalled. Not mentioning why. so if ya got one. send it back..

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thanks for the info there buddy.:peace:

But I don't do no X-Bow.

3. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Good!

I hope they stickem all in a pile and settem on fire!:censored: :censored: :mad:

Sorry, im finished now,There just a thorn in my side!
    When they were allowed in VA 2 years ago they caused 3 pro shops to close down, Now the closest to me is 35 miles away.

4. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Why would the shop close down because of a crossbow?

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Probably because everyone started buying them and the shop could no longer stay in business.:noidea: Not alot of tuning or accessories in a X-Bow. Shops that do not sell bows and accessories shut down.:tape:

6. Southernfryedyankee

You definitly have a point. All the X-bows I have seen were plug-n-play. I shot my first crossbow the other day at my friends house. Hes slightly disabled and is allowed to use one for hunting season. So I helped him zero it in, its pretty wicked. I made him buy a limbsaver crossbow system for it HAHAHAHA.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its wicked.....clarify please.....

it has no more energy than a standard compound and the range isnt as great either......

8. Southernfryedyankee

like you said it has no more energy than a standard compound bow, but its all packed into something thats like 15" wide. Also I had never shot a X-bow b4 so its that first time trying something new intensity.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Read up!

The boys in my club are using 200lb cross bows that are shooting at 275fps With 3x9 scopes & cost $1500 and are nocking down deer at 60yds on any given day!
    These same guys were bowhunters that couldnt hit a deer at 30yds with there mathews switchbacks and threw them to the curb!

Like i said before My club before X-bows legal to everyone: 12 bowhunter in my club Only 1 could work on there own bow,ME and the pro-shop 10 miles down the road, worked on these guys bows when i didnt have time.
    Now after the law past 2 years ago: 2 bowhunters, 14 X-bow hunters
    Its like this all over the state, Why would you need a pro-shop?
    After they buy the X-bow from cabelas or bass-pro or where ever ya just shoot!

10. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Glad you posted it. And just before hunting season! Hopefully they won't get them back until March 2008.

11. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

Here in Maine they opened up crossbows for disabled (all seasons) and Crossbow for anyone (firearm season). In order to use a crossbow during firearm season you had to take a special crossbow course to teach the limitations of range, etc. No able bodied people are taking the crossbow course and getting a crossbow license.

Archers who want to use a crossbow are still archers, and they are a very small numbers. Shooters who want to use a crossbow are not usually archers, they tend to be shooters who want to extend their season.

When they polled some of the folks taking their Hunters Safety courses if they were interested in crossbow add-on class to add the endorsement to their license the people asked if they would get more weeks. When they were told they could not get more weeks, they turned down the class.

When the people said no, they were asked why not.
    The folks responded they had no interest in learning to shoot a crossbow unless they got more hunting time, and even if they were interested they felt they did not need a course since, to their perception, other than range shooting a crossbow was just like using a gun and they did not want to limit their range.

Anyway...
    Weird to have recall without a statement saying why.

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I was watching an elk hunt on tv the other day, a stryker x-bow and a pretty decent bull elk quartering towards the shooter at 20 yards. Twwwwapppp complete pass thru, it looked to be just infront of the shoulder, base of the neck area and exited just behind the opposite leg. WOW, to say the least. I think the x-bows are kinda cheating but when I get to be 62+ I will be shooting one for sure!:decision: I got awhile before I get there though!

13. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

The recall doesn't surprise me one bit. I used to work in a Gander store and we sold several brands, including Bear. I rate them right down there with Barnett and Horton. We replaced a lot of limbs on those two also.

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Not to stir the pot but GOOD!!! It's really good to see an archery company taking responsbility for issues with a product regardless of its its xbows or regular. Company responsibility within the archery industry is non-existant

15. I'm 73 and I still shoot a 60# bow. I have no desire to shoot an arrow gun. If a deer jumps the string with a quiet bow how do you kill a deer with an arrow gun and all the NOISE they make.

16. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Mabey not, I love my compound but who knows what the future of crossbows will be.....? I will be muzzleloader hunting this year so I guess I am a downright cheater! I think muzzleloading is more of a challenge due to the fact you dont have two more shells to back you up. Not that you will need more than one shot but what if???? I will be out there with my .50 optima looking through my nikon omega and my brother will be out with his 870 fitted with a thumbhole boyds stock, hastings rifled barrel, and a bushnell 3-9x40 slamming remington core-lokt ultras! We are both avid bow hunters but we found some nice ground to gun hunt this year so what the hey!

17. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

my father could use a crossbow due to being right hand/eye dominate his whole life then he had an accident with a chop saw and now hes blind in his right eye .... his buddies gave him so much crap he said screw it went left handed