Recomendations for youth bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jerry, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Jerry

Jerry Junior Member

For a youth bow with a 30# pull weight, what arrow rest would you recommend? I ask because I have heard that the drop-a-ways don’t work will under a 40# pull. Thank you.

2. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

its really hard to go wrong with the micro midas by browning(now owned by pse).if you got a lil more to spend look at the hoyt youth bow.

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

if my bow dont sell on ebay. I have a sweet deal on a hoyt banshee w/ versa cam1/2 30#.

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The Genesis bows are pretty neat in that they have low poundage but 0% letoff and 1 bow can work for youths and adults. I believe the Geneisi Pro has a shelf and window in the riser that's wide/long enough to use a drop away rest and 'normal' hunting or target sights.
    Generally drop away rests have the most issues with fast bows and not slower bows with lesser draw weight. (Unless there's something I'm not getting with that)...

Good luck.

Ron

5. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

there is a used alpine youth bow on this sites traders forum right now. I would say its competitive with most wide adj range youth bows like browning and hoyt.

6. Pinwheel1969

what price range are you looking at? pounds, draw , what handed?

7. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

its not mine.... its down in the traders forum on this site right now. Im sure you can go to alpine website and peak at it to know what it looks like...features...etc.

8. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I have to second that. Bought one each for my daughters. They have everything you need to get a youngster shooting. I just put whicker biscut rest on them.

9. Michael396

Michael396 Member

I think he is looking for a rest reccomendation for a 30# youth bow, but maybe I am reading it wrong.

If this is what you are looking for, you would need to provide a little more information. Will the bow be shot with a release or fingers? How much experience does the youth have?

I wouldn't use one for myself, but I have a whisker biscuit for my son. He doesn't have to try to keep the arrow on the rest when he is drawing the bow. It makes it a little easier for him to shoot.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  10. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Jerry,
    I think for a youth bow try the whisker biscuit. It will keep the arrow from falling off the rest..... And :welcome: to the forum....

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome...and I say go with the WB too...

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

WB all the way baby!!!!!!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

13. Pinwheel1969

Ditto....:bowl:

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I agree you cannot beat a WB. It is a very nice rest especially for the kids. And hunters. But are accurate enough for target also.

I have an extra around here somewhere is you PM me your address I'll send it out as soon as possible. :peace: