recomended peep

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowcraze30, Jun 8, 2008.

1. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

im looking into getting a new peep (one without the crap tubing)
    im just worried that it will turn, what do u guys recomend. it is a parker wildfire with the string the came on it.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

the last couple I've bought have been the RAD super deuce.....:noidea:

3. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

i was just looking at those and i thought they looked like what i was looking for...how do u like them?

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

It works good. It's real similar to a fletcher tru-peep which is what I usually buy, but the shop had this one so that's what I went with. I think you'd like either of them.

5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

A little spendier, but my next one will be the Meta Peep. I just want to try it out. :cool:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A nice peep setup is a Specialty Archery Super peep. The housing is threaded and accepts different sized apertures, lenses, etc... They have a few different housing options like with or with out tubing, with or without a shade, etc...

In my opinion the biggest benefit is that you can change the aperture diameter without replacing the peep. The apertures screw in and out with an included wrench. You can get the peep housing and a handful of apertures for a reasonable price in a storage box with a wrench.

I went to those a year or so ago and I will not go back to the plain jane peeps again.

Ron

7. Bear Foot

Bear Foot do or do not

Super Peep

They Are The Best And What I Sell The Most Of

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

For $43.50 you can get the Specialty peep kit with all 5 aperatures.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yep, that's the ticket...

Ron

10. BowhuntnHoosier

Which degree would I want with my XT?? 37 or 45........I'm thinking the 45:biggrin1: :noidea:

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have the 45 on my Ovation, 82nd and Allegiance.

The Allegiance is the shortest at about 34" ata/7" brace and the Ovation is the longest at 40" ata/7-3/4" brace, both are 29" draw, so you can gauge on that. The sight picture through each setup is virtually the same as far as the peep goes... The apertures, in my opinion, have a very wide margin for field of view with respect to the angle of the housing to the string...

Hope that helps.

Ron

12. BowhuntnHoosier

13. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I use the fletcher peep. Not flashy or anything. But it works and is priced right. I have been looking at the Meta peep but havent tried it.

14. J.C.

J.C. New Member

37 deg for bows < 40" ata per Specialty Archery site.......:wave: :wave:

45 deg > 40"

15. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I have been using the G5 Meta Peep for a few years now and have no complaints....:noidea:

16. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

the peep twisting is not the peep...it's mainly the string and the installation of the peep

17. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

Relentless is right.

The peep turning has nothing to do with the peep. It's all about the string. You can change your peep to what ever you want, wether it's a meta peep, just a plain 'ol peep or even a Super ball peep, but it's always going to change unless you "train" your peep. Or get a better string on your bow (see JCMorgan31 for that). Training your peep consists of how you tie in your peep (the serving should be on both sides of the string split and around the peep), how you set your peep in the string (where on the twist) and how often your string stretches. It's a little confusing, but with a good quailty, pre stretched string, you won't have any problems with your peep turning once you've tuned it to your bow.

18. Bear Foot

Bear Foot do or do not

Peep

To Clear Up Specialty Peep And Super Peep Same Thing Get The Hooded One