Release double catching...help

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bagel77, Feb 15, 2008.

1. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

Okay I was just out shooting my bow and I started to notice that my string wasn't releasing clean....It wasn't doing it every shot but it was about 60-70 % of the time. I have never had this happen before kind of weird feeling. I would pull the trigger and either hear and feel or feel the loop release and release again. kind of releaseing, hitting the release and releasing again. I could figure out what I was doing different. Sometimes it was real quick and sometimes there was a pause between the two. any Idea what I am doing? Because it really through off my some of my shots. I am using a mongoose release so you all know.

2. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

:noidea: It's frustrating! I had a similar thing happen during the BRS shoot one year. I was using a fletchhunter that I purchased used. I liked the strap better on this one so I used it instead of the trusty fletchhunter that I had used for almost 2 decades. The darn thing would occasionally lock up! I literally showed the guys and gals in my group (because I think they were starting to think I was nuts!) that I could draw the bow and yank on the trigger without it releasing! I still don't know what is wrong with it. :noidea:

3. JDX--

JDX-- Member

Are you using a string loop or steel d loop

I’ve seen where a release would hang on to a steel d-loop even after you have triggered the release, kind a scares the heck out of ya jaws open and your still holding the bow string.

JDX--

4. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

I am using a string loop

5. JDX--

JDX-- Member

Do you think your sensing the creep in the trigger, that’s a very good caliper release. This could be tough one without being there.
    I wish you the best

JDX--

6. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

No I know its not the creep..because I could feel it catch. I have felt the creep before and I have made it more sesitive just to help get rid of the creep...which I thought I had. I know it's going to be real hard without being here but I figured maybe someone might have a couple of suggestions. It is really bothering me. when it first happened I completely missed my bail at 20 yards. Kind of scared me a bit.

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

try a little WD 40 on it. It works on some of mine when they start acting funny.

8. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

Okay I will try that tomorrow. but I have to be honest I am a bit disappointed if that is what is going on. I mean it just started out of no where. If I had been hunting and drawing down on a buck it could have been bad. If that is what it is I may have to look for another release. and keep this one as a back up. Sucks I was really starting to like this release too.

9. LWM

LWM Junior Member

I had a scott sabretooth do that to me, sold it right quick.

10. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

REALLY.....I was just thinking of getting a sabretooth...I figured that would not happen with them.

But at least I am not the only one to have this happen.

11. bagel77

bagel77 New Member

tried the wd40 still sticking

12. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

sounds like ya got tha good uot of that puppy
    a new one amy be in order