Release for left handers?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by BowKnows, Oct 28, 2007.

1. BowKnows

BowKnows Junior Member

Hello, I am new to archery and was told by the bow shop guy that the angle that the string creates at full draw makes a release pretty much mandatory on modern compound bows. I've been looking online for a release for a left hander but haven't had any luck. Do they work for either right or left handers? Seems that they wouldn't by looking at them....

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum and the sport...
    Yeah the releases can be setup to work for either hand...

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Yes most releases these days can be shot left or right handed but not all of them. Just make sure when you buy one that it will work for you. My best advice would be go to a local pro shop and ask to try out some different types of releases.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum. Pull up a stool and lets chit chat archery. Fill in your profile and tell us a little about yourself. We are very glad to have you with us and will try to help ya out any way we can.:wave:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yup almost all releases are Lh/RH. most have swiviling caliper heads which allows the shooter to just move the head where its needed and they also normally have adjustable release triggers (on the non-wrist ones) that allow this also

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Like he said...

Welcome to the forum...:welcome:

Ron