Rinehart challenges "The Block" to $100K contest

Discussion in 'Rinehart R100 Tournaments' started by Chris, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Rinehart challenges "The Block" to $100,000.00 contest for the first passthrough on their respective targets. "The Block" usually boasts about 15000 shots or something. Well, this will be interesting.

http://www.autumnquest.com/video/rinehart_ATA_Web.wmv

I bet "The Block" people do not accept the challenge.

2. Chris

The contest was shot even though the block people didn't show up. They stopped shooting when one of the targets had a broadhead arrow sticking out the back. I would have liked to seen a complete passthrough.

As it was, it only took 6 shots in the block before the arrow was sticking out the back side. They shot each target side by side. I'm sure a complete passthrough would only have taken a few more shots.

3. Major Butch

Major Butch Guest

Does anyone got the video for this ? It would be cool to see .

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Wow... I mean I knew the blocks couldn't stand up to regular tips very well. mine is shot to death w/ almost a complete passthrough every shot anywhere near the middle... but I can't believe 6 shots put a broadhead clean through it... hahahahahhaah

5. 62flint

62flint Member

I have 2 block targets. I will not be buying another. My first block target is shot all to pieces. It took about 3-4 practice sessions with broadheads before I was getting pass thrus. Complete arrow laying on the ground on the other side.
    I purchased a crossbow block target and only shoot field points at it. It is holding up well with field points, but I will never shoot a broadhead at it.
    Imho the block is more hype than fact.

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

While this is an old thread it remains the truth... Block type targets are garbage. Get a bag target like a Morrell outdoor range and be happy with a target which has lasted me 3+ years and literally thousands of arrows in all weather conditions.

My dad's finally needs replaced, its been sitting outside for over 5 years up against a cardboard backstop and has finally began getting pass throughs... yup over 5 years.

7. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

So this is about Broadheads and Blocks, right. They seem to stand up well to Field points, especially the new foam in the layers.

8. 62flint

62flint Member

My crossbow block has done fine with field points so far. No broadheads whatso ever tho.

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

get a morrels yellow jacket for broad heads. I'm going 3 years on mine. and still plenty of life... not bad for$40.00

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I got a Rinehart 18-1 this past winter and I'll be dead before that target stops doing it's job...

Ron

11. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I disagree..........I get pass thrus out to 40 yards w/ my Block 4x4.

Heck I still havn't worn out my Morrell 50,000 + Eternity target, and I've had that about 4yrs.

With field tips...............

12. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

My poor block targets are all shot up. I have a block and a black hole and they both didnt hold up well at all. Kind of interested to find out what the best ones out there honestly are.

13. Shaman

Shaman Guest

American Whitetail and Rinehart.
    They use full width/height heat molded foam instead of offal foam.

Check out the American Whitetail video for their square target comparison.
    They did not compare against the Rinehart.

The only issue I have with the Rinehart is that it really only has one dot per face. I wonder why their technology would not allow them to create a more square target with the same results as their many sided design.

14. Chris

Boy you guys dug up an old post.:D

15. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

Thanks Shaman will do, i never looked at the original post date.

16. Shaman

Shaman Guest