Score for Team 15

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by CSS Shooter, Oct 22, 2007.

1. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Scored 2 deer for team 15 on Friday night. I will be posting pics from my cell phone today. Just a doe and a meat deer. Sitting in stand around 5:30pm friday night have 6 deer behind me big doe comes around at 30 yards and I put the smack on her. Yearling comes back in about 2 mins. at 30 yards as well and put the smack on it as well. Freezer will be close to full but could use 1 more doe and I looking to get a shoot at 1 of 2 bucks on this property 1 is about 140 inch and the other is around 180 inch 140 is a 8 point and the 180 is a elevn point. Like I said I will post pics today. The quality of the pic is not very good and the date tag is just a small white tag but it will work.

2. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

congrats on the kills can't wait to see pics

3. I missed

I missed Senior Member

how far did they go? what broad head?:D

4. CSS Shooter

They didn't go anywhere. The Doe gave me a head shoot and I took it dropped her in her tracks. The yearling was the same. I don't know why I did this but it is a sure fire way to not have to track them. I would not recommend this to a person as a good way to harvest a deer but it is effective. I use Rocket Sidewinders 100 grain w/ 1 and 1/2 inch cutting diameter. the blades would have been replaced with new ones anyway but they took the punishment. I am shooting 60 lbs of KE so I was not worried about penitration. The Doe is the one I miss judged on yards last Sat. This was the only shoot she gave me and it pi--ed me off so I put it right in the middle of the skull. The yearling I think I was still jacked up about the doe and the pin held steady on its head as well so head shot also. If I had it to do all over again I belive I would have let her walk. shooting the Doe is what made the yearling come out to the front of my stand. Again any young person out there reading this I do not suggest this. I shoot over 200,000 arrows a year so my mechanics and shoot placement is not a problem and I still can't belive I did it that way. But it is the quickest experation of a deer that I have ever seen.

5. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

HEAD SHOT? I don't care if I shot a million arrows a year I wouldn't do that.

At a time when recently this forum has been talking about ethics along comes this, I'm not gonna say you are wrong but I wonder a little.

6. CSS Shooter

First off I thank you for your preaching of ethics. But if you had read the whole post I did say that i do not recommend this as a harvest shot and that I can't belive I did it. But I do appreciate you opinion on it.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well its fare to say that I dont always get along w/everyone here, but in this situation, I gotta say you are dead wrong.....

if you choose to do something this STUPID, please dont brag about it.....learn patience.......

I just remembered why I stay out of HUNTING forums on the internet......

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

sometimes our confidence gits tha best of use.
    No matter how good of a shot or practiced we are we owe it to tha Society of Tha Bowhunter to take tha ethichal shot.

9. Werd

Werd Senior Member

good harvest css. I got preached too also. Whatever floats their boat. Nice job tho.

10. Holy Smokes

See CSS:peace:

11. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I won't preach... congrats on the kills.

13. CSS Shooter

Folks I agree I should have not taken the shoots. And Bunnyman as far as patience I know what you mean. I have harvested over 50 deer in my hunting. Like I said I would not have done it if I had to do it all over again. And Drew thank you but they are not busting your balls just to be doing it. They are right you need to hone your skills. Smokes I agree w/ what you said I think I let my pride get the best of me on that evening. And as I said in a earlier post I do not recommend this shot be taken. Drew the people on here are trying to help you not jump down your throat. Yes some people could use a different style about it but they are all trying to help not burn you at the stake. Enough said about this.

14. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Well next time you think of shooting deer in the face I hope you remember these pictures, the buck was shot during the muzzleloader season out of sympathy:doh: :doh: I orginally copied the pictures and post off....the other site. Good shooting TEX!:frusty:

15. Holy Smokes

Nuff said:cool:

16. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Lets see your pics CSS? Thought you were going to put them up!:noidea:

17. Werd

Werd Senior Member

yea. where does pics?? is your eye color brown?

18. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

:laugh: :laugh: ole drew is learning quick now! You got that from Bunnyman/Bowman! :tape:

19. Werd

Werd Senior Member

lol i never heard them say that. i got that one from my dad.:biggrin1: and he got another one... Is your hair brown?

20. Werd

Werd Senior Member

hey css. what would have happened if you would have hit her in the nose area??then you got a deer running around with an arrow in her face...not cool