Scouting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by lungcutter, Aug 8, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I went out to a new area last night to take a look around. I saw lots of sign. I saw 2 fawns, a few doe, and anice 8 point.

I cant wait for the season to open.:whoo: :dance: :whoo:

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Is anyone else seeing anything. Is anyone doing any scouting?:noidea:

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

ME, mostly just does, But I am sure there will be that big buck somewhere in there for me.. I have found a decent shed..

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Its way too hot for me to hit the woods yet.:doh:

August 15 is tree rat season opener though I hope it cools off abit.

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Did some tonight, got my son in the tree stand for the first time, we had a great time, had about 6 or 7 does within 30 yards, and saw loads of deer, and a few of the bigger bucks are starting to show up. Ummm 23 more days.....

6. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Only see fawns. Probobly the same couple ones. The woods are thick, and so full of food a deer only needs to turn it's head to eat. So hot this time of year I doubt they move much in the day. Things will change though. Always deer around.

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Yeah, the deer are sitting tight with the heat. I wish I could watch my area at night to see what comes out.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

get you a camera....

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

We'll be putting cameras out pretty soon I would imagine.
    I need to stock up on 'C' batteries first though.

Ron

10. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

scouting new areas is always a fun thing to do. Pack a lunch and water and a pen and paper.

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ive got it!

Im Ready!
    Ive got a food plot with a mineral block in it that: one day i see 2 does and 3 fawns eating out of for about a week and then nothing for 2 or 3 days and then suddenly 3 bucks 1 giant 10pt about 130, 18inchs wide and 2 smaller 8pts about 12 to 14 inchs wide!
    Im gonna get him!:biggrin1:

12. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

I went scouting/ Yote hunting today with my old hand me down Ben pearson 197? vintage compound. I was using a jack rabbit wail call when a nice big doe came out into the clearing. She was a wound up little pig that one.. huffin and blowing bouncing like a 5 year olds new red rubber ball. 25 yards away. I had no camo on ( I was wearing a plad jacket) She just stood there watching me.. Even when I stood up to leave (she wouldnt leave the clearing and the mozzies were eating me alive) She just bounced off to a point where she could either escape or stay and watch.

turned around and behind me coming towards the clearing is a nice little 4 point mulie buck.. Man either of them will make a good first bow kill!

Hope I didnt spook them to the point where they will avoid the place all together. but they looked more curious than scared..