Senior Shooters

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MoBowman, Dec 20, 2007.

1. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

With the upcoming 3D season approaching I have a quick question for you. Do you actually shoot in the "Seniors" class or stay in the regular "Open" or "Men Release" or other class?
    And why do you decide on the class you shoot in?

I have crested that hill of 50 and last year I shot in Mens Release class and most of the time was running in the top 5 with a few wins here and there. On a couple of occassions I shot in the Seniors and frankly felt guilty when I won those and didn't shoot them again. Now the only thing different in the Seniors class is, it is more of an "open" division. But I still didn't feel right. I will probably continue to shoot the Men's Release this year, just want to know your thoughts on it. Besides, I really enjoy whooping up some of that young butt. :p

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

IF YOUR OLD YOUR OLD:lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k shoot where ever YOU feel more comfortable.....

you would not be breaking any rules, shooting in either class right???

3. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

if your 50 ,you can shoot senior. Most guys shoot in a class they think they can take some money.You dont have to shoot senior if you are 50+

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think the senior class allows walkers and canes where as in the non-senior class these are not allowed :lol:

5. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

If you want the competition shoot the class that will give it to you. If you are out for the bragging rights shoot the senior. It really doesn't matter as long as you are having fun.

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

:lol: :lol: Haven't got to the walker and cane part yet, but there are times where I could use a bow caddy :biggrin1:

7. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Used to shoot Open with my bowhunter setup, but that was almost like shooting the Seniors, went back to Mens Release for the competition[​IMG]

8. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Well hopefully I can take the rubber suction cups off the end of my arrows this year and give someone some competition. :laugh:

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Just be careful, the suction cups fly different then the regular points so be sure you adjust the sight accordingly.

10. archeryisme

archeryisme Old and Experienced

Jump in with the old dogs

R U kidding. I couldn't wait till I turned 50 a couple years ago. I got right in there with the seniors. Heck its easy to get your but whipped all the time from the young pups. Now that I am getting it kicked by the older, more experience shooters I don't feel so bad. Heck I am shooting against guys now that have been shooting 20-30 years or more. I almost consider it a honor to be whipped up on by them.
    All kidding aside don't think for a second that it gets any easier in the senior class. They do have a little experience under their belts.

11. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

If I were shooting the senior class and stepped down to mens release, would it be considered, and would I be, sandbagging?:noidea:

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Sandbagger was my nickname this year at all the 3D shoots :doh:

MoBowman, I know how you feel...The guy that did my registration for me at all the shoots I went to, put me in 'B' class but I was easily placing in the 'A' class scores. I felt a little guilty for all the first place B class pins I won, but the guys kept telling me, it was my first year so I should enjoy winning and I can step up to my real competition next year.

I think I will feel more comfortable and more proud of a win when I am shooting with the right competition for my shooting level :amen:

13. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I apoligize for hyjacking here, but has any body ever heard of a shoot with some kind of transportation for those who can't walk the entire course. My dad would like to shoot but it would take him a week to walk all but the very easiest courses.

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I shot with a guy that was paralyzed and he used a 4Wheeler on the courses that he could get it around on. he was good at manuvering that thing.

15. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

O.K. Nice to know that it's not completely unheard of.

16. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I shoot senior free style unlimit. and master unlimit when they have it. and it is no easier than the open. these old guys can still shoot the X out. but at 71 I have more in common with the seniors. the young guys dont talk about the good old days. they are living it.:biggrin1:

17. tek

tek Senior Member

I shoot in both Senior class and Open class depending on who I'm shooting with at the time.

If everyone else in our group is in Open then thats what I shoot that day. If some are in Senior class then I may shoot that class for the day.

There are many good shooters in Senior class around here that I have no problem in getting beat by them :lol:

18. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

I only wish that I were good enough to be called a sandbagger.:lol:

I got the senior part covered in aces.:rockon:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont believe so.......I thought the idea of senior classes was so that the senior guys didnt have to compete against guys w/better eyes more endurance.....stuff like that....maybe I am wrong.....:noidea:

20. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Nah it's really so the young guys don't go home cryin to their mommy's when they get their butt's kicked by a bunch of old dudes...:tape: :tape: