Serious Question.....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Feb 27, 2008.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am really FREAKIN OUT right now......:frusty:

I have heard nothing but HOROR stories about guys w/glasses trying to shoot....

well it has finally happened, I am getting them in 2 weeks.....

am I gonna be able to shoot, with them on??

or should, I just give up and sell all my archery stuff......:censored:

if you guys could give me the truth first, we can have fun later.......i may even start a FUN poll......

PLEASE STAY SERIOUS.......

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I wear glasses and look how good I shoot....:noidea:

Seriously......Darrin Cristenberry wears glasses......check out his resume....

Get contacts if need be. But for the love of Pete......don't sell your stuff!!!!

3. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

I don't know the truth, so I'm having fun now! SELL YOUR STUFF!!!! What do you have and how much?:biggrin1:

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've worn glasses the entire time I've shot a bow and never had any problems. I just plain old near sighted though. I think the only ones who have any problems have bi-focals. You should also consider contact lenses or lasix....:noidea:

5. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I cant shoot with glasses on. For some reason it just does not work. I am currently investigating lensed sights to solve my problem. Maybe everyone is different. I know friends who wear glasses and can but not me.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

THANK YOU JUSTIN.......DANO is a dork.....:censored:

the glasses are pretty cool, FLEXON??? I think....you can tie them in a knot and the go back to the regular shape.....

plus these are gonna have magnetic stick on sun shades........pretty cool for $350........for the frames:faint2:

the lenses are covered under my wifes insurance, and they cover 150 for the frames......

my eyes are not bad enough for lasic and i know I cant do contacts.....

7. sqwert

sqwert New Member

Glasses suck! :frusty:

They fog up, loosen up, break get in the way. :Cry:

I have an apointment to look into contacts, this Friday. :rockon: Wish me luck I have heard bad things about contacts, with stigmatism problems.

I'll report back later. :cool:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

who knows maybe i will shoot better:noidea:

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Archeryoptics will make you a lens that puts the optimum focal point up in the corner of your lens where you look when aiming. Normally the focal point of a lens is in the middle where you look through normally.

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've got magnetic stick on sunshades and I'm not real impressed with them. for $350 you might want to look into 2 pairs, clear and shades, or maybe the transition lenses. That's probably what I'm gonna do next time.....:noidea:

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yeah, I wanted to try that but my eyes are too bad...:Cry:

12. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Relax Elvis. I shoot with sunglasses on so I see no reason why you couldn't shoot with regular glasses on. Your form will more than likely change a little. I **** my neck to do it so you may feel a little awkward at first but after a while it will become 2nd nature.

13. xxSPOTTSxx

xxSPOTTSxx "THE REALITY CHECK"

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Maybe you can get the local Lasik center to sponsor you and get them done free.... :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

no slippy, thats not sunglasses, your just in the dark......:cool:

its time to come out of that closet:noidea:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

THATS A FREAKIN AWSOME IDEA......

:peace: :peace: :peace:

17. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You can't shoot any worse...:doh:

Calm down...You'll figure it out even if you get special shooting glasses...:biggrin1:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

SHUT UP YOU!!!!!:laugh:

19. J.C.

J.C. New Member

OK, since you got some serious answers let me be the first to say.....

FOUR EYES!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :lol: :lol:

20. HCAman

HCAman New Member

I personally can't shoot with glasses on. :noidea: The green dots move too much.:D In a multi pin sight. The different collors aren't laying in the same line. With out glasses, everything is how it should be. I'm sure if I gave it a try for a while, I would get used to it. I just throw my contacts in and shoot lights out...:biggrin1: LOL well I shoot OK.