Serving question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Slippy, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I just got a peep served in, its too damn low. Is there anyway to slide the serving up the string and thus move the peep up, or must it be cut off and re-served? Thanks.

Its breaking my neck to look through the peep while attached to my kisser. :frusty:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you should be able to move it w/some force......is it served continuisly or in 2 stages???

just be careful and dont SLIPPY.....

3. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I pressed the bow (no press needed for mine) and tried to slide the serving up but did no good. I'm afraid if I try harder, I'll just :censored: up the string and have to buy a new one. :frusty:

I think its a 2 stage jobby.

4. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

if it is served well it will be easier to cut and re-do.... its a pain but better than messing up the string

5. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Thanks.

I just don't know how to do that stuff and don't feel like taking it to the shop and being charged $20. Maybe I need to learn. :doh:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

try to move it w/the string tight...not pressed.....it will slide easier......

7. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Poorman, thanks, no way I could do that though.

I thought by pressing it, I could slide the smallest hex wrench arm under the serving and push it up about a 1/2 inch or so....but I will try it not pressed. What should I do, just pinch it and try to slide it up with just my fingers?

8. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I always seem to have the same problem, the peep height is just right intil I get home and shoot for 1/2 a hour or so then it seems it has to be moved.

The last peep I had put in the tech put two seperate servings, one above and one below so I can move it. Now that I know for sure my peep height is right I am going to put a small tie on it myself just to make sure it doesn't move. I think I am going to try a ink mark on it also.

9. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Yeah, my guy (shop dude) did the same, but I still screwed up and told him it was fine where he had it and then he served it, I didn't have my kisser on at the time and that is what :censored: me all up. I was still hoping I could just grab that sucker with pliers and just yank it up but I know if I do, I'll be string shopping with my luck.

10. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

The only way I would try to move it is by hand. I think you would want the string taught. Wax the string really good in that area and put on a pair of leather gloves. Pinch the hell out of it and try to get it to move. DONT USE PLIERS!!! Also might want to mark the string on the bottom side of the serving so that if it does move you can see how much. If that dont work its off to the por shop you go...

11. retread

retread Junior Member

Wrap a length of string around the bow string next to the peep and pull. It worked for my pro.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

why are you using a kisser and a peep???

a kisser is just a crutch.....:wave:

13. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha,Slippy!

If ya move it, your gonna loosen it!
    When i tie them in i slipnott them in if i loosen them they stay loose!
    Its for sure gonna have to be re-served!:biggrin1:

14. poorman

I havent used a kisser since I almost ripped my lip off when it grabbed my mustache on release. OUCH!!!

15. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

one other thing is the kind of peep. Is it going to twist when you move it up?
    I had one set in perfect I thought and served it in just to find it to low. I moved it up and it twisted and had to redo it.

16. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

wow!

Im :laugh: But Im sorry thats not even Funny!:biggrin1:

17. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I know, I know. I got the new bow and just put a peep on it. But, having a kisser just makes me more comfortable with reminding me to find my anchor.

I'm pretty sure I was able to slide it up a little by hand last night, but it was dark when I did it so I won't know for sure until tonight. But, I'm pretty sure, I couldn't move the bottom serving up but I hope that doesn't matter that there is 2 inches between the upper and lower serving instead of 1.5"

18. poorman

It is funny! But at the time it hurt like hell!!

19. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

here's my $.02 if you had the pro shop put it on ask them to make it right I can't believe that they would charge you $20 if you buy all your stuff for them. My dealer helps me out all the time. But I drive 60 miles to go to the same pro shop I bought 3 bows and extras from = almost $4,000 :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: