Shoot, new rest prob

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by chowee21, Jan 16, 2008.

1. chowee21

chowee21 Noob For Now!

Ok, so i shoot with out a release and when i talk to the people at the pro shop, they informed me that i should use a flipper site instead of the drop sone like i was going to use.... to any suggestions now?

o and wats the name of the sights that are like the sure locs and tonics that stick out and have adjustable distances?

2. red44

red44 Senior Member

If you shoot fingers a drop away may not be the best choice. If you saw a slow motion video of an arrow released with fingers you'd see how much side-to-side motion the nock end of the arrow and the string are going through. Drop aways do nothing to help with stabilizing this. Thats why most fingers guys who use a rest use something like the flipper, and sometimes in addition, a plunger. The plugger, when adjusted right, absorbs lateral movement of the arrow. The plunger can also help some if arrow spine is not perfect.
    Spot Hogg, Copper John are just 2 sights that come to mind that have bars that mount in a block that can be extended or retracted. There are more I'm sure but these are 2 that pop up.

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

They make a version of the Drop Zone called the freestyle that is designed for finger shooters. The launcher arm has more bend in it to support the side of the arrow as it falls. flippers are more common for fingershooters though.

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I did'nt think it was still being made. Is it?

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I just looked at the website and didn't see it. I guess not......:noidea: