Shoot-Through Netting???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by MdBowhunter, Mar 15, 2007.

1. MdBowhunter

MdBowhunter Member

Hey to all, I was wondering how shoot-throug nettings work with mechanicle broadheads. I shoot the G5 tekan II broadhead and was wandering if there is enough force to open the blades when shot through the netting?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

First off :welcome: to the forum hope you enjoy it here we are a very friendly bunch and try to help everyone. Until we get to know you then look out.:laugh:

I've never used netting but have always been told not to used mechanicals with it.:noidea: I would think the resistance would open the blades a little early though.:peace:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Welcome !

I tried this with my NAP Spitfire 100's.

The blades opened, however it was unclear if they opened as a result of the netting or target. :cool: You almost need to have a slo-mo video to see what happens. I will say that I did not hit the spot I was aiming for after trying 3 times, so either the blade(s) begain to open or the netting interfered with the shot each time. When I took the netting out I hit my spot on the target.

I'll take a pass on the ground blinds with "shoot-through" netting.

Ron

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

netting

I hunt with rocket/xl & i wouldnt recommend shooting thru or near brush,netting, or anything .
    they are the most accurate at long range,awesome on longbeard's.
    but i have had them open on a leaf and spiral out of control.:biggrin1: