Shooting 300's is mental

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by glenny, Dec 28, 2004.

1. glenny

glenny Senior Member

I was wondering if there was any info online about 300's I could use some advice,shoot like a cubscout in a traditional match one day,shoot a 300 44X the next.
    I need to get rid of the mental frustration I find at times and this really does not help me at all when I am shooting these 5 spots.
    Anybody got advice on these XXXXX I need to shoot?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Glenny,

GET RID OF THE PUNCH ME TRIGGER!!!!
    Back Tension all the way.

3. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Punch it no more?

There has to be a release out there that works for me,this 2 finger longhorn stinks without a rubberband in it,it is slapping my ring finger hard,plus I still through one out no matter how I try to hold it.There isn't much to hold.
    I still am using a trigger for hunting,but that's it.
    I must say 2 well known shooters we know are shooting triggers,so If I don't get one that I like soon I am,writing this whole post off,and joining the punchers of america again.ha.ha,
    Just kiddin'coach.
    So,when am I gonna get that 2.75 I ordered.
    Geez.
    I did see a brand new limited edition 2.5 in the shop in the box somewhere.
    Anyways this thread is about the mental aspect of archery.
    Singer Correctional Institute is about to have a new member join up here if I don't get some issues resolved.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  4. wes

wes Junior Member

consistancey!!!

Glenny,
    Chris is exactley right. I would recommend shoting a stan. Learn the release before you even begin to worry about scores. It might get a little worse at first but it will get better fast. Try to visualize the perfect shot before every shot and do the same thing in every preshot routine. Every thing from feet placment to follow-through. I even visualize shots when I'm eating but then again that might be a little extreem :rolleyes: Good luck!

wes

5. glenny

glenny Senior Member

Which one do you shoot?

We here all love carters,I am shooting a 2 finger scott longhorn,and a solution3,
    I noticed that when I go to backtention specifically,I just get the same results,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,and 10 is out.
    I shoot 3d alot,what happens when there is 25 mile an hour winds or more,what do you shoot then?
    I will be shooting pure backtention but if I get to a shoot I might have to break out my lil' woobie.

6. wes

wes Junior Member

Right now I'm shooting a the insatiable2. So I also like carters, but For the first 3 Years I developed my form and consistancy with a 2 finger stanislawski. Now every release I shoot has backtension involved in the shot. I also liked the Same "ol Thing set for the pinky.

7. glenny

glenny Senior Member

I ordered a new one

Whenever a solution 2.75 gets in,it's mine!

I cant wait,ha.ha.