Shooting form

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Steve91, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Steve91

Steve91 Junior Member

I've shot for 4 years now and I have had coaches tell me to keep your shoulder up, and others say keep it level:dizzy: . Any help on this?:confused:

2. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

Form gets me. I tried to shoot "proper form".....wasnt comfortable. Shoot where I am comfy and still resemble proper form shoot good. They way I figure is if its comfortable to you then you are more likely to repeat it and be consistant with it. But im am no expert I was just dropping my 2 pennies:biggrin1:

3. lilHoosier

lilHoosier Junior Member

don't know the proper form but my dad tells me to use trigger finger on my truefire but I hate that way:mad:. I like to use relax finger but he tells me not to. what should i do. :decision:And why do you guys say keep your shoulder up for don't know why please help.

4. XT4ME

XT4ME Member

Well its supposed to be straight from your bow hand back to your release elbow. which really helps my form has gone all to peices these past few weeks so I know what i gotta work on.:doh:

5. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

The proper form

The "proper" form does not work for everyone.

As a coach, I have to remind people that any form change will not feel right for a few months. You can't make a major change without honest effort.

The first thing is too make sure you have the proper draw length. A pro shop can get you close, but a "coach" will make minute adjustment if needed. A "T" formation is basically what you want in a person's form, but sometimes it just doesn't work, so you tweek the form already in use. Sometimes it can be a simple as a thumb placement to correct lefts and rights. Sometimes changing too a different stabilizer for better balance. It's not always about changing your form.

Helped or confused even more? Form is the most important aspect of better shooting. I used to shoot 296/36x with a hunting setup and fingers. Form Form Form...and a little bit of help.