shooting two games

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by justiadak, Jan 31, 2007.

1. justiadak

justiadak Member

My question is
    I shoot two nights a week on wed. I shoot a flint round and on thur. I shoot a vegis round .
    I seem to shoot a lot better on wed. than I do on thur.
    when I say a lot better I meen a lot better !!
    wed I have a 272 average of a posible 280.
    on thur I have a 575 average of a posible 600.
    the problem is I like shooting the vegis more.
    but I think I have an aiming problem and I don't know how to fix it.
    I aim longer it the little black dots because they are smaller.
    maybe I need more magnifaction I use a 2 power scope and cant see the X ring.
    an thoughts on my problem .:decision:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

woohoo another Pa shooter! Awesome and :welcome:

Sounds like you may have issues aiming at targets that are at different heights or in different positions. Do you have one particular target that you consistantly miss? ie: always nail the bottom 2 but miss the top 1.

3. n2t

n2t Senior Member

I'm pretty new at this. But I must be missing something. On the day you shoot 272 out of 280 that's 97.14% of your possable pts, on the day you hit 575 out of 600 you hit 95.8% of your possable pts. Are they weighted differently?

4. justiadak

justiadak Member

NO I shoot about the same on all the targets.
    to night I shot a 296 in the first half and a 282 in the second half with one arrow a complete miss. not bad if I hadn't missed. I was trying to let it down when I bumped the trigger.
    I am parshley color blind but I don't think that has anything to do with it.
    if I take my time its on the money
    what is the corect amount of time to aim I aim about 3 to 4 seconds on average if I aim longer I seem to do better.

5. justiadak

justiadak Member

My score in the flint round is never more or less than 3 points from my average.
    the other guys on the league take bets on what I am going to hit.
    my score in the vages round will go up and down 15 points from my average.

6. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

whats a flint round??

7. justiadak

justiadak Member

Flint Round

flint round you shoot from 8'10'14'15'17'and 20 yards then a walkup a 3/4 inch bull out to 14 yards and 1 inch bull from 15 to 20 and the walkup
    you shoot two arrows at each bull 5 points per bull then you have the 4 ring after that its a 0
    you shoot two rounds 4 arrows each in this order 17'8'20'10'15'14 and the walkup the walkup is 1 arrow at each 20'17'15'14 yards.

you have two spot targets with two spots one large and one small.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

sounds like you may be getting tired.

there is no "set" aim time. I know guys that will hold for 5 seconds before releasing, i know others that will release a second after drawing. When you have that shot lined up its not gonna matter if you hold it or not, all holding it will do is fatigue you faster.

9. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

have a friend watch....

There is a guy at the shop that helped me with my shot. I would come to full draw and he'd begin timing me. We found that at 3 seconds my stab became very stable. After 5-6 seconds the stab would start to drift a bit. I am working on my release (BT type) to consistantly go off between 3-5 seconds or let down..... at first it was really hard not to force the shot. Now it's not as bad, but I'm still working on it.
    I know if I shoot 2 days in a row my score suffers a bit. I tried 3 rounds of indoor 3D in 2 days (1 on the first 2 on the next day) .... my score showed it on the last round :doh:

-two_shoes

10. justiadak

justiadak Member

thanks I"ll try that.:noidea: