Shooting with the music cranked?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jul 18, 2007.

1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Anyone ever try shooting with an Ipod going in their ear?
    might be just my generation But I think I might just go try it

2. 12ring4me

12ring4me Member

Just be sure to run the cord from the ipod behind you and up from your back, I have heard of people not doing that and their bowstring ripping the earbud out of their ear and sending the ipod down the lane.:doh: Then there are 3 things gonna happen :bad arrow flight, hurt ear, and one expensive radio broken. Be careful with how you use it, could be a costly experience.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I shoot very often with music playing. I'm too cheap to own a Ipod though, all my money goes to archery supplies.:peace:

4. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Mine was a christmas present :)

Yeah I need to get a new bow, so I am in the market.
    looks like another expensive hobby of mine,
    Ham radio digs a nice hole in your pocket

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

No, I don't like a lot of background noise. It's the hunting in me though that makes me sensitive to that. I've only done target for a short time. 3D a little longer and hunting for quite a while. It's just what I'm used to I guess.

Ron

6. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

OK, we all saw Blade 3. I think you should concentrate on the shooting. There is enough there to occupy your mind. A IPOD will only distract you. Don't take archery advice from Hollywood, unless you are hunting vampires.

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I disagree with that! --- Sometimes... I find having music playing that I concentrate on the music more than shooting and I shoot better! If you have to concentrate to shoot, than its concentrating and not shooting :noidea: IMO

I shoot with my iPod all the time.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:
    Yeah, just trying to keep the pin on the target is challenging enough for me...
    Althought some Rush or Lynyrd Skynyrd might calm my nerves...

Ron

9. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

I've seen your shooting. In your case, I'll chip in for batteries.

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

Ron

11. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

LOL
    "Best grouping is in my quiver"

LOL

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Maybe we should just get him an extension cord... batteries will run out long before he hits the target :laugh:

AS for Ipods - I know a lot of guys wear them when shooting in tourneys to keep from being distracted by the other people on the line but make sure your music isn't to loud otherwise other people will hear it and I think they can complain about it and get you booted

13. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I'm afraid I'd start bopping to the music...which wouldn't do well when you're trying to keep still. We have a radio at the range but it doesn't work so really havn't tried, but I know what I do when there is music on.

14. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Hmm,
    Just my thoughs. I will try it and let you know.
    I gotta hit the range soon to get ready for ARCHERY SEASON ALBERTA STYLE!
    Cant wait. This will be my first bowhunting season.
    Im going for mule deer.
    and maybe grouse as well if I can pop one off with the bow.

GO ARCHERY!

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hey Chelleo, maybe this is what I need to do. With my TP it could'nt hurt any.:doh: :laugh:

16. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Hmmm you might be onto something now that you mention the TP. I have trouble getting the shots off sometimes...(BT release) so maybe if we're thinking bout the music the shot will go off like it's supposed to. The only problem is will we hit the target>>>?