Shopping for a new bow, opinions wanted!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Captainkidd, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Captainkidd

Captainkidd New Member

I have dedicated my old High Country to bow fishing and gator hunting so its time for a new bow for hog, deer and turkey.

My only option to buy a bow is Bass Pro Shops as we have ZERO archery shops here. I shot a RedHead Kryptic and an XSC-33. Both shot incredibly well compared to what I am used to. They also Diamond (bowtech), Browning, Bear and PSE.
    I know that bows are a very personal thing but was hoping for a little input on any of these models.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I like Diamond..........:noidea:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You definately need to shoot the new Bears. A good buddy just bought a Gameover and its a fantastic bow. Go to the Bear Site and check em out. http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/bows/compound/

Good luck and have fun.......keep us updated and we will be waiting on some pics of your new rig.:peace:

4. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

My favorites are the Diamond Marques and the Black Ice. But as we all say. You have to test shoot them and pick the one that feels the best to YOU.

AND

Welcome to the forum:welcome: :welcome:

5. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

You have one of them lol

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yes and his name is CODY "Da'man". The fantastic 16 year old Bow Technician.:rockon: :rockon:

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I would shoot all the bows in your price range. Then decide..

8. Captainkidd

Captainkidd New Member

Thanks for the input. I am going to shoot a few more. Just hoping for some first hand knowledge of the aforementioned bows.

Of all the bows I have shot I actually like the RedHead (BPS brand) XSC-33 and Kryptic the best.

9. when you test shoot them make sure they set them at your draw length, that can make a big difference on how a bow feels when you shoot it.

10. Diamondman2

Diamondman2 New Member

The Diamond Blackice what a bow I bought one a year ago .Shoots 1/4 inch groops .Very forgiving bow and fast.You can't go wrong with this one.