Shorter, lighter bows. Good or Fad?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by lagriffe, Oct 13, 2007.

1. lagriffe

lagriffe Junior Member

It seems that more pros are shifting to using shorter bows for competition. Is there an advantage to using these compared to the more traditional longer bow setups? Or is this shift a temporary fad?

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

People told me shooting my bladerunner indoors for spots I would never get a good score. It just can not be done. 285 in 3 spot, I would say that is good for only shooting 8 months. But I have sence got a few target bows. The Bladerunner is one of the shortest ATA bows.

3. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

With the weight of a indoor bow stretching your arms its know wonder.
    I shoot a Mathews Apex indoors and when I get home I swear I can lay flat on my back and scratch my feet with out bending.:biggrin1:
    OK maybe exaggerated a little there. But I would like to adjust the weight of my bows. instead of having to take it the way it is. 4 lbs is adjustable 6 lbs is heavy for me. Not bashing I really like my Apex. just would like it lighter from the manufacture is all.same type of bow 4 lbs. would be awesome.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I like em all from my 31" XT to my 40" Ovation. But for hunting I just love my XT in the brush and out of blinds and stands.:peace:

5. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

It was not all that long ago when a 40" bow was considered SHORT!!:cool:

Dan

6. D Harvey

D Harvey Member

I've always preferred longer bows 38" to 43", thought they were more stable and forgiving of minor mistakes but but the newer parallel limb short bows are just as good or better than my old longer bows. I love to shoot and bowhunt, but I'm not a formal indoor tournament shooter. Shorter lighter bows are great for the shooting I do.

7. Werd

Werd Senior Member

i umm have the fred bear trx32 and its 32". short and i love it. yet to kill a deer with it tho.