Shot the 82nd Airborne!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by thehairlessone!, Dec 25, 2007.

1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I finally made it down to the shop to see the new bows. I got the chance to shoot the 82nd and the elite fire. They had a 101st with the laser grip but it was setup too long for me and they were really busy.

I also saw the drenalin LD and the diamond marquis. Both of them were super nice bows as well. I wish I could buy one of each! LOL!

I have read a few people that thought the airborne drew hard or was loud. I didnt find either one of those. I have been shooting the binary cams for a while now and I didnt think they were any harder to pull than my guardian or my tribute was. I also thought it was very quiet and very very fast and had a great feel overall as well as being very pleasing to the eye. I really liked the invelvet finish too.

These bows are winners. If I was bow shopping (which I am NOT! :biggrin1: )
    I am not sure which one I would buy. I absolutely love my guardian but that airborne was killer too.

They had the general also but I didnt shoot it.

All in all some really cool bows on the market right now.

rick

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, i shot the 101st on Christmas Eve and I liked it a lot...
    That might be a dedicatyed 3D bow for me, however there was not one under the Christmas tree yesterday so I'm going to work to scrape up the money to get one, maybe by early Spring... One could hope anyway...

Ron

3. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Thanks for the info Rick. Wonder if Elite has any dealers over here in Ohio?

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thanks for the info Rick. I'm gonna have to stop in the local shop and give one a test drive.:peace:

5. I ordered a 101st...bad ass bow!

6. thehairlessone!

I think you left quite a bit of my post out slippy! :biggrin1:

The elite was very nice but so were the mathews, airbornes and other bowtechs

rick

7. LWM

LWM Junior Member

One in Chillicothe!

8. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I shot the 101 and it was sweet. I have one on order but in special camo so I am not sure when it will arrive. The Bow is very fast, quiet, as well as shock free for any bow much less one that attains the speed the 101 is capable of. The thing that surprised me most was the draw, much easier and smoother than I was expecting from a Speed Bow:cool:

I would say I can't wait, but I'll have to:D

Dan

9. Exactly!

I will need one of your suppressor rubbers to put on in place of the Bowtech factory V-cathcher.... I hear that makes a big difference.

10. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I wouldn't go to Chillicothe if they were giving them away.

11. LWM

LWM Junior Member

But you,d let someone from chillicothe send you a release to try out free of charge:cool:

12. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

LOL!!:lol:

Dan

13. LWM

LWM Junior Member

Did I silence Slippy:humble:

14. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

never, but thanks for the offer, some of my home boys have already take'n care of me, but thanks again! :peace:

15. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Good stuff Rick, sounds like Smoky Valley was pretty busy huh?. :biggrin1:

I can not wait to get my hands on the 82nd....... :peace:

16. thehairlessone!

Yep! They were very busy that day (christmas eve) and Brandon was there by himself! :eek:

rick