Shot the General today...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I will tell you what, I have never shot a bow that was more dead in the hands after the shot. Unbelievably quiet and shock free....I thought the draw was a bit better than the guardian, but still far from good. I didn't shoot the marquis by Diamond, but I drew that back too and it was the harshest drawing single cam bow I have ever drawn. Looked very cool though...love that grey! Both bows were about 71 or 72 lbs...

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

sweet. i want to go to the shop and shoot them now.

3. Hook Em

it is worth shooting...after the first shot, I said outloud "wow". heck I was drilling bullseyes with no sight on it :tape:

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

How does the roller guard/string suppressor look up close?

5. Hook Em

Still looks weird to me, but I think I would get used to it. I didn't realize they were keeping the Allegiance basically the same with black cams on it...I can't wait until they get the 101st and 82nd in!!!

6. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I'm Hoping my General will be here soon. I ordered a 60#er:cool:

Dan

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Are you gettin older or just smarter???:D

8. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Both!! Although, one I had to work at:D The other I can't avoid:p I used to hunt with 90# but after a fall off the side of a tree and a dislocated shoulder among other things I am shooting 60#. Gosh my 28" draw 60# Allegiance packs over 68# of KE. What else could I ask for:cool:

Dan

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I learned this year that 60lbs is plenty......:rockon:

10. tek

tek Senior Member

How much does the General weigh bare bow?

I cant wait to shoot all the new bows this year :rockon:

11. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I have shot the General and thiught that it is A great bow. I think that it draws better than the Guardian but I think that the Guardian is has less had shock even though there is none in either bow. I think that I am going to stick with my Guardian and will get the '08 Connie in Testorosa.

12. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Member

I shot the General and I was impressed. The draw cycle was a little different but not bad and it was DEAD at the shot. The brace height is very appealing too. It will be a seller for sure. :rockon: