Shot the Stryker Crossbow at the ATA show

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

It seems that Stryker has thought of almost everything. This is really nice. They have many safety features and very easy to **** and load.

Let me tell you this thing is fast. I was one of the first dozen guys at the booth to shoot it. I could see how fast it was. It was load like a crossbow but not any more than any other crossbow I have heard.

Now, I wanted to see just how much power was in this thing. So we are sitting about 7 yards from the target bag. There was a previous arrow hole in one of the bullseyes. So I thought why not, put the scope dot right on the hole and lets see what happens. Just a reminder these were new target bags. I pulled the trigger and poof the arrow was gone, literally. It blew through the target.:doh:

I went to a seminar to learn more about the crossbow. They are using a 425gr bolt at 405fps. They said if you use the 20yard mark at 40 yards, it will be 1" of drop. The 20 yard mark at 60 yards is 3" of drop.

Now wouldn't that be sweet for 3D if we could get those kinds of speeds with a compound.:laugh:

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yes Sir but you know they would srtrech out the targets as well. I feel like I wuld be gun hunting too! :doh: HS

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

and only 1600.00!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

chump change.....go get one chump.....:biggrin1:

5. Chris

$1600 isn't that bad considering Tenpoint has one coming out around $2k

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

for a Xbow

7. Chris

Yep for a Xbow.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how many states allow the use of crossbows??

9. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

$1600 or $2000...........
    That's still way more than this G.I can afford.

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I know absolutely nothing about crossbows and have nothing to gain by what I am about to say. I read a thread from a guy at the show, and he said he heard 2 very loud noises from the Stryker booth. He didn't know what the first one was but the second was one of them there bolt slingers coming apart.

That would tighten up the sitter wouldnt it.....:doh:

11. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

For $1,600 you get the bow, bolts, red dot scope calibrated to the bow, fitted hard case, extra string and a few small things. Still not cheap but, no more than a 10 pt similarly equipped.

12. blackice4slaying

blackice4slaying Member

You can only shoot them during rifle season in Montana.

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

You need a special permit to use them in most of PA however thats changing in a lot of areas...