shrink fletch?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by gunner, Aug 5, 2006.

1. gunner

gunner Junior Member

I seen on the net that Extreme achery has out with this new shrink fletch. I was thinking of getting some to try out. Has any one used these fletchings? what are the pros and cons of them.

2. Keith

Keith Junior Member

shrink fletch

Ive seen arrows fletched with this stuff and have spoken to people who have tried it. IMO, I think that this is one of the absolutely worse products out there.

3. Radar

Radar Story of my life

?

What Is shrink Fletch I have never heard of it?

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

The product is a peice of heat shrink tubing that comes w/the (3) fletchings attatched and you put that on the knock end of the arrow and dip it in hot water, the heat from the water shrinks the tube to the shaft thus, getting rid of the fletching proccess, There are gauges you use for helical and such...

I have a buddy that uses them and really likes them......

I would not use them unless I was going on a hunt out in the wilderness and need to make up some emergency replacement arrows, or needed to field fix some arrows

5. gunner

gunner Junior Member

I had ordered some a week ago or so and got them Saturday. I fletched 6 carbons and 6 xx 78 shafts. After getting the shafts all done up, I took them out and shot all the shafts until I saw some thing wrong. The carbon shafts were the first ones to show signs. The shrink tubs started sliding down the shafts
    After the first round. The xx 78 shafts stood up to every thing I could do to them. I shot 15 rounds with the 78s and there still fine as pie. The carbon shafts I took some contact glue and then slid the fletching over the glue. Tonight I will be shooting them to see if this is the fix for them. Have fun and stay safe.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Maybe its the finish on the carbons......what brand and model are they.....