Shrink Fletch

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bfisher, Nov 14, 2006.

1. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Since their inception I haven't like them. I have my own fletching jig and enjoy personalizing arrows. However I was in the local Gander Mountain yesterday and happened to see them with Blazer vanes.

They were 24.99 for a pack of six. Certainly someone has to be kidding. That's $50 a dozen for fletching. And if ya mess up one you have to replace the whole works.

Tell me I'm old and out of touch, but I can buy enough vanes and glue to do my own for the next twenty years just for that $50.

Just how gullible are we consumers going to get?

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Don't worry, plenty of people out there that will find out that not only are they very expensive, they are just a bad design/idea too... I know somebody who bought them. They lasted all of a couple of weeks.

Fletching a shaft is pretty cheap and pretty easy, even if you buy the expensive jig, vanes, glue, etc...

Besides, when the weather is bad I enjoy sitting on the sofa with a tray table, watching a move and re-fletching arrows.

Ron

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

When they first came out I thought it was a cool idea, but it really doesn't make sense. Like you said if you clip a vane you waste the whole thing.

The only thing I could see as an "advantage" was if you had to make an "emergency repair" in the field:noidea: , but that's never happened to me, I usually have more than 1 arrow with me.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

completley agreed and also about the one arrow in your quiver thing.....thats why the dealer sells them in half dozens.....

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

And, where would you get the hot water in the field to shrink the thing on your arrow ? Use your coffee ? I think not... :laugh:

Ron

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you carry a solar powered water heater...... duh....some people just dont think......:peace:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Or your could heat your canteen with your flare gun:noidea: .

Or maybe we could invent "Instant hot water" in a little bag you rip open and it heats up those those foot warmers!!!

"I have some freeze dried water, but I don't know what to add"
    Steven Wright

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you are a thinkin mans thingker you are.......

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I got a million of 'em

Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it!:dizzy:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, or a pocket-sized nuclear reactor... Who would need lumenocks... The whole arrow would glow. Hey, now that's an idea ! And you suggested I was not thinking... :lol:

Ron

11. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Me thinks you guys think too much. LOL.

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

If we put our heads together we could have the biggest thing since.....toilet paper!!!

That's what they said about the guy that came up with toilet paper!