Sight Question please give opinion...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MVines, Oct 2, 2007.

1. MVines

MVines Junior Member

Okay, I am curious if there is a fixed pin sight that offers a good view of your target. I shoot an Apex Gear Inferno and it is okay, but I like to see more. I was considering a spot hogg, but think it may be too crowded in the pin guard...

So Any Suggests or Opinions. Please!!!

Happy Hunting,

Melissa

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'd suggest going to a single pin or at most dual pin setup. It works wonders! I have shot everything from 1 pin to 5 pin and I always go back to 1 pin. in about 99% of the hunting situations you will never need more then 1, why add more pins that won't be used?

My sight of choice is a Copper John Dead Nuts (4 years old) that I've taken all the pins out of but 1. and I have that pin centered in the sight. It works great.

3. piethon

piethon Member

I prefer the trophy ridge in line pin sights. I would suggest using the smallest pin diameter that you can comfortably see.

4. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I have a multi pin sight with .010 pins. The smaller the better for me if I am going to use a multi pin sight. Mine is a Sword apex 3rd plane micro and I use it for hunting and 3D so that is why I have multiple pins.

5. MVines

MVines Junior Member

Picture????

Hi Hookem

Is there any way you would post a picture of what the sight looking like in the pin guard. I am interested in the .010 but wondering if they may be too small...

Thanks,

Melissa

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

The flash kinda made them look dull, but the way sword extends the fibers they are actually very bright (I would get all green if I were you). But here it is...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

.010 pins are great if you have good eye sight. I have 3 Sword sights and I love them all. I just bought there single pin sight for 3D and Indoor league this winter. I set my sights up with a .019 pin on the 20 yard and .010 on the rest for multiple pin sights.:rockon:

8. countryredneck347

countryredneck347 Junior Member

pins?

i was wondering where i could get some .010 pins for my spot hogg-it? any help would be great. thanx

9. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

spot hog..........

10. Pinwheel1969

spot hog..

11. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

hoggs are the best pin sight ever. No other sight allows you to make gang windage and elevation adj as easy as the hogg. The resale value of a hogg is high too. Take good care of it and you can get $120 for a used one easy.If it takes ajust a coupla scratches ..$100.Hoggs still rule and the competition is still inferior( but functional.)

12. Pinwheel1969

amen:amen:

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hey hook, what the heck to do use that bottom/6th pin for ?
    Trying to shoot beer cans at 100 yards ? :laugh:
    That sucker is WAY down there...

Ron

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I just switched to a Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Competition sight with 4 pins and the sight picture for me is pretty good. I used to use a Trophy Ridge 5 inline pin sight that had a bit smaller sight window and some other issues. The CJ sight is pretty nice.
    If you want a decent single pin sight Cobra has a slider sight with a .029 pin with a 2 foot wrapped fiber that's really good. I have one I'd be willing to part with if you're interested. PM me with your email address if you want a pic or two of it.

Ron

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats for hail mary shots on armidiloes, his brother is Doug Flutie:lol:

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

NOW, that's making me laugh out loud....
    Nice piece of editorialism Bunnyboy.... :laugh:

Is he as short as Doug ?

Ron

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was hoping someone would "CATCH" on to that........:D

18. countryredneck347

countryredneck347 Junior Member

spot hog..

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'm getting old but not THAT old...