Sight Question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by D10878, Feb 7, 2008.

1. D10878

D10878 New Member

Sight question. I recently sighted in my bow and am shooting 1 inch groups at 20 yards consistantly. Great right. I then am told that my sight windage is out left of my string centerline if looking from behind. I verify that it is way out left and even notice this when shooting (have to work my peep left). I thought that I may be torquing the bow but I've ruled that out. Am I correct in thinking that the windage should be dead center in line with the string? I have paper tuned and all seems right except for this sight thing. Must be some form issue right? Any ideas?

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

you shooting fingers :noidea:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Dont sweat it........SO IS MINE.......

WAY OUT TO THE LEFT

4. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

dont fix wat aint broke

5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

How's your center shot? Is it dead on? Do you notice that your arrow groups move right/left more the further from the target you get?

6. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

lean

All bows with a cable guard are gonne be like this to a certain extent...The side load from the cable guard causes a certain amount of cam lean & torque and that's the reason your sights will never be dead inline with your string.
    Only way around it is to shoot a bow with no cable guard, like a Martin with the X Shoot Through system on it, then everything will be dead down the center. It's notta issue and I wouldnt worry about it, as long as it's in tune & shooting good dont even give it a second thought.

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep

He's right your gonna have some cam lean on some bow's
    I just shot my Mojo today, sight is lined up with the string,rest,arrow,on the cam
    all in line, because it has such a long ata i guess and the cable guard isnt canted that much at all.
    but on my hunting bow (short ata) has a lean and the sight dosnt exactly line up.

8. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

How you like that Mojo? I shot a Mojo 3-D almost all of 2006 "and hunted with it" and I really liked it alot, that thing was a tack driver.

9. Trufire06

Trufire06 -FrEaKNaStY-

A lot of bows don't nessasarily shoot perfect in-center. Some shoot great while perfectly in-line, while others are left/right.