sights

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by 12pointsplus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. 12pointsplus

12pointsplus Junior Member

Just wanted to know, on a round sight with a slide mount on it, how do you set it up? Do you mount the round sight so that it lines up with your peepsight and you just see the edge of the sight, or do you center it so it looks like one circle?:noidea:

2. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I have mine so that when I look thru the peep I just see the scope inside of it, the closer the better to getting less "air" around the scope.

3. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I have mind so the scope housing is aligned with the edge of the peep hole.

4. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

also the more you move it out, the more your shaking will show up.

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I have mine out to the point where it looks clear for me... its all the way out. The more I move it in the blurrier it gets and I don't feel like buying a clarifier peep :doh:

6. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

Dredly, try a clarifier.I think you'll like it:rockon: I use a Super peep, you can screw diff. size peeps or clarifier's in depending on the situation.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, I just did this and it works great.

Ron

8. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

Yeah tne clarifier makes a huge difference in clearing up the target.

9. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Dredly like they all said....get yourself a hooded peep and a clarifier...we're talking very little investment for a lot of benefit. Then you can move the scope in probably and you will be beating Bowman ALWAYS hehe

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wait, what,I doubt it still......:biggrin1:

11. MTColl28734

MTColl28734 New Member

What's a clarifier?

Being only months into the sport, I'm still taking baby steps. I have a problem with my sight pins being a little blurry (old eyes, I guess). Would a clarifier help, and if so, where can I get one?

12. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Are you using a lens? if so then a clarifier will help. But if you are using pins with no lens then a Varifier is the way to go.

13. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I have a super ball peep on one of my hunting bows,but they were out of the clarifiers and when they called me that they were in(clarifiers) and i found out the price of them................holey crap.I see good just with the peep with out the clarifier.:lol:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

acctually I use the hooded peep, without a clarifier also......I like the hood, for getting rid of some sun glare

15. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Yes they are not cheap. That is one of the best things about owning an archery mgf company. I write all my stuff off as supplys or advertising.