Silence!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by the contractor, Jun 4, 2008.

1. the contractor

the contractor New Member

hello everyone!!man it's good to get back on here!i need some advice on gettin my bow to quiet down . i want to switch out my peep with a different type , and i aint sure how to go seperate my strings just right. got one with a tube stap on it and it's loud as hell, it's busted and/or come untied more than once , (of course popping me in da face , was kinda not very fun) and i am thinking of going with a meta peep

2. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

You will need to take it to a shop and have it put in a press to install any peep. The metas are a good design, I think mines a Tru-Peep, same design as the G5 meta. I would stay away frome the aluminum peeps, they will most likely cause greater string resonance. Either way they will need to be set with you at full draw, then tied in to keep them from moving. The rubber tube does make quite a bit of noise and robs fps.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

String needs to be seperated in the center. Two color strings are the easiest. You will need help for the second part of this. Tie a small piece of serving on the string at about eye height. Draw the bow to your anchor and have your helper move the knot so that it lines up with your eye. Now close your eyes and open your shooting eye again. Make sure that the knot still lines up with your eye. Let down the draw. Redraw the bow again, but before you anchor close your eyes. When you open your shooting eye the knot should line up. Re-adjust the knot until it does. Repeat this process until you can anchor with your eyes closed and consistantly get the knot to line up. This final location of the knot is where your peep needs to be centered. I wouldn't do any of this until the string has been shot for awhile to eliminate the need to redo it due to string stretch. Good luck!

4. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

CAT WHISKERS:rockon: :rockon:

5. the contractor

i'm shooting a '07 tomcat with a g-5 five pin, and when i first got set up with it the peep never felt right as far as what the peep allowed me to see.i'm a 30" draw and i got my sight set basically as far away as i can get it and i could not see the full diameter of the reticle. so i drilled it out 1 increment at a time , checking it after each bore.I finally got it large enough to see all of my sight reticle and man was it ever an improvement. also, when this set up was new to me , (the first 2 days after purchase) the peep kept sliding up on me , and since i'm fairly new to shooting a bow , it took a while to realise it,and i went through a period of doubting my origional anchor point and trying to guess if the string had already began to stretch or what. well, i got that crap ironed out, drilled the peep to a good size an now i am a little leary of making any changes. all i know is this peep is causes a bunch of noise and im fed up with it.

6. the contractor

sounds like i need to let my proshop do the new peep

7. TimTx

TimTx New Member

If you get a peep without the rubber tubing, don't you have to get one that splits the string 3 ways? Is there a peep that splits two ways? I have a tube as well and didn't realize the noise it made until recently.

8. the contractor

timtx--theres a ton out there, alot that split the string two ways in fact.the concern there is that the peep can under or over rotate each time you draw so getting it set up is crucial.theres even some weird funky V shape that you aim by setting the pin down into the V , kinda like iron sights on a gun.
    my choice is to use a meta peep and add a loop so i'll be able to adjust a little for rotation variances