silenceing

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by cowboy50, Jul 10, 2008.

1. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

my bow sounds loud to me i have silencers on the limbs and some little thing on the string what should i put on it to make it quieter

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Cat Whiskers are the best in my opinion for silencing a bow. Or you could shoot a heavier arrow which will absorb more of the force therefore making it quieter. Or some may say an STS will quiet your bow although I'm not sure that will make much difference on all bows. So I would go with good ole cheap cat whiskers.:peace:

3. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I like the STS thing the best. Cat whiskers work well, but as for myself, I don't like anything on my string that I don't have to have. Also a decent stabilizer will help absorb some of the vibration. If all else fails....try earplugs. LOL

4. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I've found with an sts I don't need string leaches. However, there is some string buzz with just the string leaches or cat whiskers. The sts makes a slight tap but eliminates string buzz. For me, it's a trade off. I've drastically reduced my bow noise by adding several other dampening devices, but a silent bow is unrealistic given current technology. Quiet is very important to me, but I'm sure noises I make while hunting have cost more deer sightings than I'll ever know. My bow noise has never caused me to miss a deer , so far.

5. RiverRob

RiverRob Green Mtn. bound

try knocking on your bow like you would a door to see where the noise is coming from, then pull the string back a LITTLE and release it to see where the noise is coming from, could be fletching contact. otherwise, maybe mole skin your shelf.

6. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

+2. whiskers, mole skin on the rest, my bow was quieter after i installed a new string & a Saunders cable slide